Turn on thread page Beta

Seal Culling in Canada watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    India would like to take this opportunity to condemn Canada for their annual seal cull. We would also like other nations to stand along side us and call for the Canadian government to stop this appalling cruelty to seals.

ReputationRep:
    Its marine day here at the MUN lol.

On a more serious note the Italian representative would ask why Canada feels a cull of seals is neccessary before it passes judgement.

ReputationRep:
    Canada has a market for seal pelts in China and other South East Asia countries, and so can not condemn these activities.

(Though I would like to. )

ReputationRep:
    Iceland,who is acting in similarly, tries to stand by the Canadian representative(is there one?)
    It might be clear that iceland is not trying to legitimate its reasons for seal culling, since everyone would argue on them.

(thats unfair- Iceland seems to be on the top of the UN torture-list today.Did we(i) do anything wrong??)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benthe)
    (thats unfair- Iceland seems to be on the top of the UN torture-list today.Did we(i) do anything wrong??)
    If thats true it might be worth making a seperate thread with a link to the information

ReputationRep:
    Dunno whether there is a proof, but Iceland is shown in a pretty negative way today. Well, our fault, it's just because of our policies, but anyway.....

ReputationRep:
    Ah I get you I thought you meant Iceland was put on top of a real UN Torture list! I was like "WHAT???" but I understand now

I'm sure everyone likes Iceland, just want to find out more about it

ReputationRep:
    got you! that would have been a surprise, at least to me!
    Anyway, I will try to provide more information on Iceland, even if they are negative

ReputationRep:
    India asks that the discussion is on the topic of seal culling

ReputationRep:
    Denmark has stopped importing canadian seal pelts.

ReputationRep:
    India congratulates Denmark for their actions, and hopes they will set the lead for other countries.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americ....ap/index.html

ReputationRep:
    If I could step out of character for a minute: It's sickening.

ReputationRep:
    That is true. :puke:

ReputationRep:
    Greece agrees that the way of eliminating the vast numbers of seals present in Canada is inhumane.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.