Turn on thread page Beta

Best Manchester club? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone care to argue with me that it isn't 5th Avenue?

Just had another awesome night there. Probably about the 10th in succession.

Ed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)

Ed
    bolton > citeh > yoonited

ReputationRep:
    i dont think either of them are good, im a gooner all the way!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)

Ed
    I would love to argue with you...5th ave is cr*p. The only good thing about 5th ave is the price of the drinks. Don't get me wrong, im not a scally or anything, far from it, but the amount of moshers in there is too much to bare! To make it worse, your all crammed in like ravioli in a ravioli tin!! Which, wouldn't be all that bad if there were attractive girls in there, but theres not that many.

You get your pints in a plastic pint glass, when you go to the toilet your ALWAYS the only person to wash your hands coz moshers don't seem to do it, or indie guys or watever catagory you want to put them into. Then, when its 2oclock and you go and get your coat, you have to wait half an hour coz the Q is that long! Not just long, but your crammed in with dodgy smelly ppl (e.g. a white guy with blonde dreds!).

That was my experiance when I was invited there for my girlfriends best mates new boyfriends birthday anyway. In conclusion, it sucks!!!

ReputationRep:
    5th Ave is starting to become a bit llike the Hacienda only very different. I just can't see 5th Ave going the way it is without being shut down, its simply too busy.

I could have gone last night but I went last friday and nearly got squashed to death.

Desipite all this I sitll think 5th ave is the best club, this is simply because you know what you get. Its fairly comfertable and its the only club I can go to and bump into loads of people I know.

I tend to go about once a fortnight. The sound system is 'quite' good for a club, I tink they have juast upgraded their power amps because it never seems to be distorted anymore.

5th Ave isn't really a pulling place but then thats actually a good thing in a way. I've never had any problems with scallies at 5th ave apart from over christmas holidays when most the students where at home, they started letting in the scallies.

I really would love to argue with you as 5th Ave is owned a large liesure company and makes too much profit for their own good, however I've had so many good nights there (including my 21st) I can't argue.

ReputationRep:
    Theres only one United!
    How can it be anyone else?
    City are nowhere near as good as United.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been to 5th ave, would love to go though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bcr8iv)
    I would love to argue with you...5th ave is cr*p. The only good thing about 5th ave is the price of the drinks. Don't get me wrong, im not a scally or anything, far from it, but the amount of moshers in there is too much to bare! To make it worse, your all crammed in like ravioli in a ravioli tin!! Which, wouldn't be all that bad if there were attractive girls in there, but theres not that many.

You get your pints in a plastic pint glass, when you go to the toilet your ALWAYS the only person to wash your hands coz moshers don't seem to do it, or indie guys or watever catagory you want to put them into. Then, when its 2oclock and you go and get your coat, you have to wait half an hour coz the Q is that long! Not just long, but your crammed in with dodgy smelly ppl (e.g. a white guy with blonde dreds!).

That was my experiance when I was invited there for my girlfriends best mates new boyfriends birthday anyway. In conclusion, it sucks!!!
    5th is one of the most pretension free clubs I've been to in Manchester. And in my book that stands for a lot.

Yes it's a hole... but what more do you want from a night out than a good dance, to good music, with cheap booze? As a student, that satisfies me fully.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.