Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ru allowed to use this to win auctions last minute, how does it work

ReputationRep:
    esnipe? never heard of it. My secret is to put in a bid when there are 20 seconds left . Works every time!

ReputationRep:
    esnipe does that for you... except with 3 seconds to go.

ReputationRep:
    cool, so is it legal?

ReputationRep:
    doubt it

ReputationRep:
    wow can people not even click a button these days? lol

ReputationRep:
    I guess it's for when people can't get to a computer, as well as not wanting to be outbid at the last minute. There's another one called Lotsnipe, I don't know how they work though.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    There are loads of auction snipers. Be careful when picking one though, as they need your password so unscrupulous people could set one up to steal ebay accounts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    doubt it
    they are legal, why wouldn't they be? It doesn't mean you'll win the auction every time or anything....

ReputationRep:
    i use this, only it is called EZSniper. but i only use this when there is something i REALLY need! which has been once.

ReputationRep:
    They would also be impossible to detect - it's not like they alter the data sent to ebay, it's all done on your end.
    To be honest, I doubt they would help THAT much. Mainly because you have no idea what maximum bid other people have put on the item, so you might "snipe" a bid in at the last second, but that bid still might not be high enough to win.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.