Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all....

So im definitly putting Camb as my definite - it wants AAB but for my insurance i cant choose between warwick and UCL (2 courses).

Warwick

Politics with International Studies
    - 2nd best in country for politics : )
    - campus : )
    - not london : )
    - get to go abroad : )
    - not such an exciting course : (
    - AAB offer : \

UCL

Politics with East European Studies
    - UCL is amazing : )
    - Get to learn a language : )
    - Get to go abroad : )
    - Fantastic course : )
    - perhaps a little too focused on one region? : ?
    - In london : (
    - ABB offer : )

UCL

European Social and Political Sciences
    - UCL is amazing : )
    - Get to learn a language : )
    - Get to go abroad : )
    - ABSOLUTELY AMAZING COURSE : )
    - In London : (
    - AAA offer : (

What do you suggest?

ReputationRep:
    The course at Warwick looks great, definitely put it as an insurance.

Edit: Actually UCL might be a better alternative, considering they're asking for ABB and you're firm choice is asking for AAB.

ReputationRep:
    Both are awesome - choose depending on whether you prefer an urban or rural lifestye. They're vastly different.

ReputationRep:
    Put UCL as your insurance.

ReputationRep:
    UCL all day long, if you can afford the living costs.

ReputationRep:
    I would put UCL (Politics with East European Studies) given that the entrance requirements of ABB are lower... it'd be silly to have a firm and insurance which required the same grades for entry.

And I wouldn't worry about focusing too much on one area with something like East European Studies... it's probably not as focuses as you might think. You have to learn all the basics of politics, like any normal politics student. East European means you'll have to learn all about EU. Then you'll probably have to learn about the history of these countries... so Cold War, bi-polar world, security studies, Soviet relations, Communism. As developing countries, you'll probably have to learn about the World Bank, IMF, etc. You'll have to learn about the UN as well. But you'll also learn about national issues too. But to understand everything, you'll have to put things in context, and therefore, you'll need to look at the wider world.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.