The Student Room Group

LNAT panic 2012/2013 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by La_Mignonne
I'm doing absolutely awful in all the practices in Mark Shepherd's book :frown: *cries*

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

same 13/30. Really scared now.
Reply 21
Original post by Roshniroxy
I just got 13/30 :frown:

Which test was that? Some of them are hideous.
Original post by Grenville

4 although I found 3 pretty good where I managed to get 18/30. 4 is ugly.
Reply 23
4 although I found 3 pretty good where I managed to get 18/30. 4 is ugly.

I did one in another book out of 42 and I only managed to get 17. I'm actually struggling with this. That was my first attempt at a whole set of questions, all I need is at least another 5 more to be right :frown:

How are you guys feeling and when are you sitting you tests?
Reply 24
Original post by shaminn
I did one in another book out of 42 and I only managed to get 17. I'm actually struggling with this. That was my first attempt at a whole set of questions, all I need is at least another 5 more to be right :frown:

How are you guys feeling and when are you sitting you tests?

I'm feeling ok, I did the LNAT last year so know I can get a reasonably good score (I got 20/42 btw). I just need to focus on getting a few more questions right to get into the 25+ range. My test is on the 10th October.
Is anybody else using critical thinking past papers in order to prepare?
Reply 26
I'm feeling ok, I did the LNAT last year so know I can get a reasonably good score (I got 20/42 btw). I just need to focus on getting a few more questions right to get into the 25+ range. My test is on the 10th October.

Wow, that's really good. I just seem to be doing pretty bad at it and then there is the issue of the essay section. It's going to be a hit and miss thing for me.

I'm doing my test on the 9th October :/ Hopefully when I do the real thing, I wont have a headache and will eat breakfast!

I just need enough to get through to Oxford interviews. I think with a good overall application, I may be able to get away with around 18-22. What do you think?
Reply 27
Original post by shaminn
Wow, that's really good. I just seem to be doing pretty bad at it and then there is the issue of the essay section. It's going to be a hit and miss thing for me.

I'm doing my test on the 9th October :/ Hopefully when I do the real thing, I wont have a headache and will eat breakfast!

I just need enough to get through to Oxford interviews. I think with a good overall application, I may be able to get away with around 18-22. What do you think?

I got an interview at St. John's last year with 20 so it's definitely possible. Although they did rate my essay as 'very good'. If you get above 20 and write a decent essay you should stand a good chance of being interviewed.
Reply 28
I got an interview at St. John's last year with 20 so it's definitely possible. Although they did rate my essay as 'very good'. If you get above 20 and write a decent essay you should stand a good chance of being interviewed.

Funny thing is, I'm applying to St.John's. Well that's good to hear. If you don't mind me asking, what did you get for AS and how was your interview?
Reply 29
Original post by shaminn
Funny thing is, I'm applying to St.John's. Well that's good to hear. If you don't mind me asking, what did you get for AS and how was your interview?

Haha I know I just saw that, how odd! My AS grades were pretty poor, AABB but to be honest I don't think they pay much attention to them for some reason. I've more than made up for them with A*A*A this year :tongue: My interview was good, it was pretty much exactly the same as the interview video on the law faculty website, except with a different legal scenario of course!
Reply 30
Haha I know I just saw that, how odd! My AS grades were pretty poor, AABB but to be honest I don't think they pay much attention to them for some reason. I've more than made up for them with A*A*A this year :tongue: My interview was good, it was pretty much exactly the same as the interview video on the law faculty website, except with a different legal scenario of course!

Well that's really good to hear! I just need to get through the LNAT stage and just hope for the best really. Pretty stressful few months ahead I guess.
Reply 31
Original post by shaminn
Well that's really good to hear! I just need to get through the LNAT stage and just hope for the best really. Pretty stressful few months ahead I guess.

Yeah the LNAT is incredibly important, try and work as hard as you can for it. I'm just trying to focus for the next couple of weeks until it's done, then relax a bit before (hopefully) interviews in December!
Yeah the LNAT is incredibly important, try and work as hard as you can for it. I'm just trying to focus for the next couple of weeks until it's done, then relax a bit before (hopefully) interviews in December!

Any useful tips ? I'm hoping to get +25 (and right now that is impossible for me) so that I can get an interview at Oxford as it may compensate for the rest of my terrible application :frown:
Reply 33
Any useful tips ? I'm hoping to get +25 (and right now that is impossible for me) so that I can get an interview at Oxford as it may compensate for the rest of my terrible application :frown:

Read the passages as slowly and carefully as you can, making sure you follow the argument. For the essay, make sure you keep up to date with current affairs so you can respond to whatever the title will be.
Reply 34

Yeah, I'm starting to really focus on it now. I have about two weeks to really prepare but it's pretty hard to do it alongside everything else. Well good luck with your LNAT and thank you :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by shaminn
Yeah, I'm starting to really focus on it now. I have about two weeks to really prepare but it's pretty hard to do it alongside everything else. Well good luck with your LNAT and thank you :smile:

Thanks, good luck to you as well!

The rest of your application is not terrible. Don't get too hung up on grades. People have got in WITH A2 resits, those are people who have 'terrible' applications as you'd like to call it prior to admission tests. I would probably say contextually speaking your application is pretty good. Just focus on picking out the key points from each question. Remember the words accuracy and speed.
Reply 37
Understand what the different types of questions are asking you. I did this last year and it was honestly a really hard exam. Just go through the practice papers to become familiar and understand your general critical thinking terms :smile:. Trust me it's not as bad as it first seems.

Actually no thats a lie. Its horrendous...
Original post by Cutmeloose
The rest of your application is not terrible. Don't get too hung up on grades. People have got in WITH A2 resits, those are people who have 'terrible' applications as you'd like to call it prior to admission tests. I would probably say contextually speaking your application is pretty good. Just focus on picking out the key points from each question. Remember the words accuracy and speed.

Thanks for this !!! :biggrin:
Original post by Noggster
Understand what the different types of questions are asking you. I did this last year and it was honestly a really hard exam. Just go through the practice papers to become familiar and understand your general critical thinking terms :smile:. Trust me it's not as bad as it first seems.

Actually no thats a lie. Its horrendous...

:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending