Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone I have to decide between csm or chelsea for my ma in fine arts, does anyone have an opinion on what to do?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    i have always thought central saint martins was stronger in fashion and chelsea stronger in fine arts.

ReputationRep:
    I always thought CSM was really good in fashion and fine art also...maybe I am confused

ReputationRep:
    yeah probs i dont really know that much to be honest. GAvin Turk who did BA fine art said something like go to csm if ya wanna bepart of the 'new school of artists' chelsea is more open, however many changes over the yrs or is it still the case, i dont know? Where did u do ur degree? have u been to the degree shows to compare students work?

ReputationRep:
    I dnt know that much about chelsea but if it was I who had the choice i would go to st martins without a doubt, and maybe not for the right reasons but just because of the name..... and if u are looking to gain a career and also recognition then its CSM all the way..............chelsea may have a good name also but i dnt know it that weel so i cant really comment

ReputationRep:
    I am from chile, and I did my ba there and also in the US ...so its difficult to really know which one is better when you come from outside uk... I only went to the final show in chelsea, for csm I wasn't here. I like chelsea's show but I haven't seen csm so its hard to clear up my mind/

well... i dont know about ma as much but for ba fine art chelsea is defo better. it is well known genreally for the fine arts.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to be cool, go to St. Martin's, if you want to do good work, go to Chelsea.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.