The Student Room Group
Reply 1
just go to your doctor who will ask you routine questions and why u want to go on the pill. just explain that you are in a sexual relationship and want to be safe. its pretty much as easy as that.
Reply 2
You don't need to justify it - just say you want to be put on it for contraceptive reasons, that's it. It's such a common thing, don't worry. The doctor will ask you a few questions and take your blood pressure and then give you a prescription, simple!
Reply 3
Well for starters, the pill isn't your only option. Your best bet is to go to your GP and have a chat with them. You can request to see a female GP if that would make you feel more comfortable.
The first time I went on the pill, I got it from the local sexual health clinic and they were really nice and very good at explaining all the options. I was weighed and they just asked about family history of strokes/blood clots as well as taking my BP. I've just been to get a repeat prescription from my GP and she asked me if my mum knew I was on the Pill, which I wasn't expecting!
Thanks to you all XD

I guess I'm just stupidly worried thinking the GP will be really rude to me or something. :/ But thankyous!
Reply 6
I'm assuming you're over 16? If so, then there's really no reason why they'd bat an eyelid, they hand tonnes of prescriptions for the pill out every week. Tis v simple.

Latest

Trending

Trending