Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Pill... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So, okay, my boyfriend and I had a very terrifying experience with a torn condom last week... So, obviously if I want my sexlife to continue I am seriously considering going on the Pill.

I was wanting to know if it's hard to get on the Pill? Like do you need to have an 'excuse' to get on it etc etc?

Thanking in advance xxx <33.

ReputationRep:
    just go to your doctor who will ask you routine questions and why u want to go on the pill. just explain that you are in a sexual relationship and want to be safe. its pretty much as easy as that.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to justify it - just say you want to be put on it for contraceptive reasons, that's it. It's such a common thing, don't worry. The doctor will ask you a few questions and take your blood pressure and then give you a prescription, simple!

ReputationRep:
    Well for starters, the pill isn't your only option. Your best bet is to go to your GP and have a chat with them. You can request to see a female GP if that would make you feel more comfortable.

ReputationRep:
    The first time I went on the pill, I got it from the local sexual health clinic and they were really nice and very good at explaining all the options. I was weighed and they just asked about family history of strokes/blood clots as well as taking my BP. I've just been to get a repeat prescription from my GP and she asked me if my mum knew I was on the Pill, which I wasn't expecting!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to you all XD

I guess I'm just stupidly worried thinking the GP will be really rude to me or something. :/ But thankyous!

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming you're over 16? If so, then there's really no reason why they'd bat an eyelid, they hand tonnes of prescriptions for the pill out every week. Tis v simple.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.