Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for a complete re-style tomorrow... but can't work out what to ask for.

My face is really long, so unfortunately most styles just won't work.

At the moment I have quite thin, straight, brown hair, and I've grown it quite long.

I really wanted something along these lines: (pictures attatched, hopefully).
    But I'm aware that none of those immaculate styles would translate to my head.

Can anyone recommend a style that suits a really long face? Or if not, is there anything I really shouldn't go for?

Thanks x
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    if you have a long face u shudnt have long hair as it elongates your face shape. so those styles uve picked are perfect.any of them wud work well but i particularly like the last one as if is a more natural, wavy look. id suggest not having your hair too straight as this wud draw more attention to the length of your face. wavy hair with a sweeping side fringe wud look amazing.even doing something such as putting ur hair in a messy bun after washing it and leaving it to dry, when you take the bun out you wil have natural wave which wud look great for your face shape. good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I like the last one, and maybe the second from last.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your help!
    I reckon my mumblings to the hairdresser will be more structured now.

ReputationRep:
    Well as you say that your face is really long, make sure you choose a style that has some volume to it so as to not emphasise the longness of your face.
    You say that you've grown your hair quite long atm: how long is it then, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Dont get it too short either though. Id avoid like pageboy bob type thingies. They'll just make your face look big too.

Volume I think is the way forward

ReputationRep:
    The last one, though I'm not sure its the hairstyle or just the fact that the model is hot thats making me say that one.

Might be difficult to maintain/stop it from looking like bed hair though..

ReputationRep:
    i like the second and last one

ReputationRep:
    Second and last

ReputationRep:
    I like the last one - the volume in that should draw attention away from the length of your face.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Anyone got any haircut suggestions for me? I've got pretty wavy hair, quite fine...what do you reckon I should go for?

ReputationRep:
    I love the last one!

ReputationRep:
    I like the last one the most, but it could be just because the model is hot.

hmm, bit of both probably.

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely get a fringe if i were you, it will make your face look shorter. xx

ReputationRep:
    i like the last 2 the others just look as though they need to go get there hair cut as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beach_surf_babe)
    Anyone got any haircut suggestions for me? I've got pretty wavy hair, quite fine...what do you reckon I should go for?
    What length is it atm and do you want it to be? Any pics?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    No pics...its quite long at the moment, longer than shoulder length. I'd probably prefer it to be about shoulder length. Long enough to still tie back.

ReputationRep:
    I like the last 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosalily)
    I like the last 2
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beach_surf_babe)
    No pics...its quite long at the moment, longer than shoulder length. I'd probably prefer it to be about shoulder length. Long enough to still tie back.
    At the moment with fine wavy hair Im loving the straight side fringe and messy waves look. But its less to do with your hair type and more your face that you should base the decision

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.