Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Laptop won't let me access one site, when it will on the home computer. No error msg. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have been trying to get onto the Associated Board forums (http://forums.abrsm.org). I had no problems getting onto it until yesterday,and now when I try and get on there, it comes up with a plain white page, with no error message. It says done on the status bar. I have not blocked the site (and tried to access it with Norton turned off). It lets me access all other internet pages and weirdly, the Associated Board home page. Nobody else I know on the forums have had this problem. I have tried restarting the computer, and disconnecting and reconnecting. The home computer lets me go on the forums, and my laptop is wirelessly connected to the computer. Any ideas what could be causing the the problem?
    Thanks,
    Nicki

ReputationRep:
    Try this:

Open the Command Prompt (Run: cmd.exe)

then type: ipconfig /flushdns

Hopefully that will work. If not, get back to us.

ReputationRep:
    It didn't work, I'm afraid!

I remember last year a forum I was on banned everyone with a certain IP address due to server attacks. Sadly my IP address was included in this ban and the website just showed up as white for ages before eventually timing out.

Try accessing it on a proxy server and see if this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Stupid question, but what is a proxy server? I'll email the moderators from the home computer.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.