Charlene_93
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Im studying my HND in Accounting in Scotland. I'm just starting my graded unit 2 project, but my lectutur isn't very good at explaining things. I'm trying to do the Planning Document and Im not actually sure what I'm meant to do.

Is there anyone out there who has done it and would be able to give me some advice about it? I'm starting to get really worried about it and any help would be very much appreciated.

xx
Gemstone03
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Charlene_93)
Im studying my HND in Accounting in Scotland. I'm just starting my graded unit 2 project, but my lectutur isn't very good at explaining things. I'm trying to do the Planning Document and Im not actually sure what I'm meant to do.

Is there anyone out there who has done it and would be able to give me some advice about it? I'm starting to get really worried about it and any help would be very much appreciated.

xx
Hi. I have just started my HND year and my lecturer went over the graded unit with us and my head is melted already. How did you find it in the end!?
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi did u get on ok wiv it I have Jst started graded unit 2
ashleyf92
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey,

I'm in the same boat - I received mine today, and I get the three stages and how the marks are broken down - but what exactly are we to take out of the case study for each section? IM confused as to how this was written. Also, I think we need more words than they have allowed us Image
PrincessRose
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, does anyone have any past examples?
aleks1291
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi I'm stuck with development stage, does any of you have a project from the last years which a can you for an example??
Cara7811
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ashleyf92)
Hey,I'm in the same boat - I received mine today, and I get the three stages and how the marks are broken down - but what exactly are we to take out of the case study for each section? IM confused as to how this was written. Also, I think we need more words than they have allowed us Image
Hey just wondering how did you get on with this? I’m doing mine now and struggling massively with the word count. We have been allowed to put the expansion of the swot analysis in an appendix but no mention of whether that’s ok to do for anything else - there’s just not enough words Would really appreciate any advice!
Calc-u-later
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Charlene_93)

xx
I know this is late but it might help someone else.
GU2 is a closely guarded secret. Apparently due to there only being so many papers available they need to scrap it if it's leaked plus it's a measure of how you might do in the real world. Part of the marks are simply submit something on time.
Planning - "What am I going to do" there's a lot of info so pull what's relevant and how you can achieve this, I'd suggest looking for the SQA exemplar and disecting it , Report stage starts with getting the figures - a diving off point is the standard report template on Word and then altering that to suit your own style. Take the SQA Exemplar and disect it so you have a tick box to make sure you covered everything. (I overthought it.) In Year 1 you learned how to make a Cost Statment, MAIT from year 1 and use templates to start the ball running. You learn most of what you need through the year so if you're learning it it's for a reason. Look at You Tube there's video's on almost everything. mostly start as soon as you can. Take a note of Everything you read, do or think about as it's useful for the development and evaluation stage.

Everyone in the class was as worried as each other - My key suggestion is agree to go as a group to pub. Sit with a drink and rip it apart. there will be someone who is stronger at one part than the other use your time and talents. Everyone starts on the same figures so it's o.k. to work as a team and then the artistic ones can spend time to develop ideas their way, those who are purely figure orientated will go down a different route you're not in competition it's about what could be done and trust me there's loads of ideas that could be done. Share info and sites but most importantly do it on time . Development took 3 weeks night and day to do it but 90% of the class were in psycho mode at that point don't leave it all till 3 weeks before ....no seriously DON'T and evaluation is simply what you did well , poorly or in between. Same again with exemplar dissect and answer each bit . I used Pintrest for graphics and jumping off points , You tube for tutorials and recapping info and the internet/snail mail for getting questions externally answered. My Evaluation didn't look awfully different than what i've written here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (156)
60.7%
I don't have everything I need (101)
39.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed