Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Language Courses for beginners, worth it? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I thought about this last year, and people said not to go. I was only going to go to Spain for 2 weeks. I haven't done any Spanish before (and if i was to go to Germany, i've forgotten most of my German!). Now i am thinking that maybe i could go out for a month, or maybe 5 weeks. Would this be worth it??

I am so stuck on what to do!!! I don't want to be bored at home/halls.

ReputationRep:
    Yes It gives you a chance to learn a new language (and use it!). And think how much your language speaking skills will improve if you did something else like a volunteering placement in Spain, or in a spanish speaking country! Plus employers love lanuages and experience like that

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought about going further afield to learn your Spanish?

If you are going for 4-5 weeks, what about South America? you can learn
    Spanish in most South American Cities. Courses are cheap and usually include
    family homestay, you can use the Spanish in mainland Spain, no problem - the differences aren't significant.

Three places that are good options to Study Spanish IMO are:
    Sucre (Bolivia)
    Arequipa (Peru)
    Banos (Ecuador)

They are small'ish cities, friendly, good climate, lots of life.

HTH
    Steve

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stevemce)
    Have you thought about going further afield to learn your Spanish?

If you are going for 4-5 weeks, what about South America? you can learn
    Spanish in most South American Cities. Courses are cheap and usually include
    family homestay, you can use the Spanish in mainland Spain, no problem - the differences aren't significant.

Three places that are good options to Study Spanish IMO are:
    Sucre (Bolivia)
    Arequipa (Peru)
    Banos (Ecuador)

They are small'ish cities, friendly, good climate, lots of life.

HTH
    Steve
    Definitely a good idea, but flight costs can be a bit prohibitive, you'll be lucky to find a flight to Bolivia for less than £700, plus the cost of the course, I personally don't think 4-5 weeks is long enough to make it worth the money.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.