Insurance on an Audi A4 1.8T for £958.18 for a 17 year old!

Watch
MrWhosane
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Oh my god,

My insurance is coming up as £958.18 on an Audi A4 1.8T (TURBO?!)

I can't believe it. All the details are correct checked a million times. I'm a 17 year old who passed last week.

It's just for this car in this exact spec. Every other are is coming up as £2,000 plus. I was advised my a friend to go for something unusual for a 17 year old, and I can't believe it.

This is the car: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...s/10?logcode=p

Insurance company is More Than through confused.com

Admittedly the Audi might used more fuel than your average crappy car, but it'll still be a massive saving from usual car insurances. Wow I'm so happy ! 0-60 in 8.3 seconds!

Community Team:

ALWAYS do a car insurance quote comparison on:
confused.com
gocompare.com
www.moneysupermarket.com

and more to find a cheap car insurance deal.
Potally_Tissed
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
While I'm surprised it's that low, it doesn't seem quite such a good deal when you realise that you're still paying more than the car is worth to insure it
MrWhosane
Rep:
?
That's with everything as a 17 year old to be honest.

It's a brilliant quote though! It's a normal insurance policy without that tracker crap as well!
Kage
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You didn't just post your post code did you?...
MrWhosane
Rep:
?
You can knock on every door till you find my house, oh wait you dont know who I look like.

What will my postcode do for you or any potential postcode cOllector?
Kage
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MrWhosane)
You can knock on every door till you find my house, oh wait you dont know who I look like.

What will my postcode do for you or any potential postcode cOllector?
Was just warning you. I wouldn't post my post code up online, however close it brought me to my house... Was just a heads up.
The Stig
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Good going OP. Refreshing to see young drivers choosing unusual first cars.

You get to drive an interesting, relatively powerful, relatively more comfortable, with more gadgets / goodies, car and pay considerably less insurance than if you were to insure a 1.0 Corsa.

Only downside is you are buying an old Audi, with a turbo and it could all go wrong in terms of mechanics / faults. So if you're not too handy with a spanner and you're not good friends with any garage owners, keep in mind that you could easily have to spend another 800 keeping the car going.
MrWhosane
Rep:
?
Another car for me to insure was the 1993 onwards shape C class. It was cheap in C180 Auto form and slightly more as a C250TD which was more economical. Those are mechanically perfect but the body rusts.
JC.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
When i was 17 I had a Triumph Spitfire1500
Car cost me £1750 insurance cost a further £750.
TediousJourney
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You could always learn to ride a motorbike? £1000 bike that does 0 ~ 60 in 4 seconds and costs £500 to insure :awesome:
lizolove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh my god,

My insurance is coming up as £958.18 on an Audi A4 1.8T (TURBO?!)

I can't believe it. All the details are correct checked a million times. I'm a 17 year old who passed last week.

It's just for this car in this exact spec. Every other are is coming up as £2,000 plus. I was advised my a friend to go for something unusual for a 17 year old, and I can't believe it.

This is the car: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...s/10?logcode=p

Insurance company is More Than through confused.com

Admittedly the Audi might used more fuel than your average crappy car, but it'll still be a massive saving from usual car insurances. Wow I'm so happy ! 0-60 in 8.3 seconds!
That's good! Although, word to the wise, call them and check it first. The last thing you want to do is buy the car and it turn out to be false! :eek:
I've heard of times when people have done that.

Presumably it's lower because of the value of the car.

In a few years, you'll have insurance that cheap on most cars. I am a 19-Year-Old girl and did insurance on a Fiat 500 and got about £600 (after having passed 17 months ago and having no driving experience since), and got £900 on a 2.0 Landrover. Also got £1000 on my dad's 2010 Ford Mondeo (as the main driver!) and the same on my mum's Peugeot 207CC convertible. (Just goes to show that time is a huge money saver!)
Maccees
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Like already mentioned, if the Turbo on a car that age blows you may as well write the car off.
Monstersandmen
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Insurance in cars that younguns don't usually drive is a lot cheaper.
donuticus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How high is your excess?
jimcatinnes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I just did a quote using my details, I've got a years no claims and it comes out as £1700? I don't understand how your insurance is that low. It's registered in your name and everything?
yorkshire.lad
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't understand how they can offer such a powerful car insurance wise for so cheap? Surely it's a higher risk.
MrWhosane
Rep:
?
Everything in my name. £500 voluntary, £200 compulsory. On a Corsa it's well over 2k...?
Clever Boy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Everything in my name. £500 voluntary, £200 compulsory. On a Corsa it's well over 2k...?

Crazy stuff, you sure it was £9(9)58.18) ? I have done that a few times with mine, at first glance I'm like and then I see the extra 0 and I'm like

EDIT: If it turns out to actually be £958.18 then it is a very good quote indeed for someone your age
dada55
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Are you sure it isn't £958.18 per month? :P

Otherwise it's a good price. I'm not 17 yet but will try to get my drivers license asap when I'am. However I've tried so many quotes (pretending i'm 17 that just got a drivers license) with all types of cheap/low powered cars and I can't get it below £5000.... Even with Co-op's young driver's insurance, it was still £6000+. I guess living in London means I'll definately crash or something -.-.
And I don't want to put myself as additional driver to my parents since they both drive automatics, and I really don't want to get used to automatics straight after learning to drive. ;(
The_Internet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Wow that's pretty good. I'm paying 1.5K on car insurance for this Yaris:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...oor/1001038774

(not picked up yet), and the insurance company also installs a box as well. Im about 20 years old. The compulsory excess is set to £95 and you can't have a voluntary excess, so it's set to £0, however they are still the cheapest unless you bump up your voluntary excess to £1000, which makes one company about £100 cheaper, but you'd have to pay up £1000 of your own money if the car is in a crash

£958.16 is VERY good. Also that car is about 25 miles away from me lol. I however wouldn't buy it purely because of the mileage its done
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads