The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

When I passed my licence I checked my mum's zafira 1.9 dti and recieved a quote for £8,000, two years later without any driving experience I got an email for the same car with a quote for £1,200... just for having my licence in my wallet!

I have turned 21 recently, 3 months ago I got myself a 1.5 DTI Clio for £800 from collingwood with the box (£1000 extra for a premium without a box). There is no limit on my mileage or the distance I drive. Although since June I had 4 speeding events (one each month) while I dont know how I did that (in order to have a speeding event I need to drive at least 10mph over the limit). There are no 'benefits' as they say really frrom this box, since who would want to steal your £600 worth car? On the other side I wouldnt be suprised if they cancelled my insurance while involved in an accident because I drove 32mph on a 30mph road.

Honestly if you use your car to go and see your parents, go out shopping or out with mates and your premium is a £1000 higher without the box, go for it, no point of paying extra plus I dont think you would stay with the same company two years in a row to be 'awarded' with a cheaper quote for your safe driving, my parents change their insurance providers each years since every time they find cheaper alternatives in other companies. Also after two years of no claim driving your quotes will go down drastically and there would be no need for telematics.
Where did you go to find this out?!! I'm looking for a 2015 Audi A1 TDI for my first car and I'm a 17 year old girl too, but I can't find any cheap insurances ?? Can u tell me the website you used to find yours?
Reply 102
Any other cars like this?
My husband 57 and got a quote for the same detail car. And it still 700. So how you managed 995 for a 17 year old I never know.
Original post by 2jugs76
My husband 57 and got a quote for the same detail car. And it still 700. So how you managed 995 for a 17 year old I never know.

This thread is 9 years old so the quotes above are not likely to be relevant to today’s prices.

Latest

Trending

Trending