Turn on thread page Beta

The Irish have come up with a solution to Bird Flu watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In light of recent events the Irish have issued a solution to bird flu. They have decided to bomb Turkey, the Canary Islands and McVities Penguin factory.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I am ashamed at how long it took me to understand that picture...*smacks forehead* It's the night after the morning after the night before...yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spiral Architect)
    In light of recent events the Irish have issued a solution to bird flu. They have decided to bomb Turkey, the Canary Islands and McVities Penguin factory.
    ^o) ^o) not funny......

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we have any bomb-dropping planes.....

ReputationRep:
    Sent out highly trained hit squads of leprechauns

(Original post by Spiral Architect)
    Are you sure that 'Irish' should not be substitituted by 'British', since they are the one's with the bombing mentality to solve solutions?

Iraq for starters.

(Original post by supernova2)
    Sent out highly trained hit squads of leprechauns
    followed closely by England football supporters. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Pathetic........
    :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    Hardly funny you racist *****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teh samby)
    I am ashamed at how long it took me to understand that picture...*smacks forehead*
    You're Irish?

ReputationRep:
    O_o Highly offensive to the Irish. 'Nuff said.

The cartoon is funny though ^_^
    Oh and while I'm in this thread, you're icon scares me randomiser - It offends the eyes of a straight woman!

ReputationRep:
    *balks at racial slur*

I can imagine the post would be moved rather quickly if you'd put "Muslims" instead of Irish people....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Are you sure that 'Irish' should not be substitituted by 'British', since they are the one's with the bombing mentality to solve solutions?

Iraq for starters.
    No, he really did mean the Irish. He was refering to the Republicans terror campagin, the hell inflicted on Northern Ireland for the last 30 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john171)
    No, he really did mean the Irish. He was refering to the Republicans terror campagin, the hell inflicted on Northern Ireland for the last 30 years.
    Yes...because the Unionists have just sat quietly twiddling their thumbs and playing cards for the last 30 years :rolleyes: Anyway the Northern Ireland issue is irrelevant to the one at hand - the joke was offensive to Irish people.

End of.

ReputationRep:
    So do you find 'Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman' jokes offensive? A joke's a joke...and there's a big difference in Irish jokes and plain racism

ReputationRep:
    I should by now know better than to post jokes on TSR as the vast majority seem to be taking this political correctness way too seriously.

I actually got this joke off my uncle down our local when him and this Irish guy were taking the piss out of each other. This consisted of English and Irish jokes being thrown both ways. Both parties saw the funny side and were in fits of laughter the majority of the lunch time.

It's a shame people on here are too busy on their high horses to see it for what it is: a joke. Some of you lot really need to chill-out and not take things so seriously. Hell, if any of you lot want to post an English joke i'd be more than happy to hear it.

Whilst we're on the subject of jokes at the expense of different nations how do we like this one:
    Did you hear about the English woman who was ironing her curtains and fell out of the window! :rofl:

Everybody laughing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrentEnd)
    So do you find 'Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman' jokes offensive? A joke's a joke...and there's a big difference in Irish jokes and plain racism
    The joke posted by the OP singled out Irish people. I can take a joke like anyone can - that one just wasn't funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Whilst we're on the subject of jokes at the expense of different nations how do we like this one:
    Did you hear about the English woman who was ironing her curtains and fell out of the window! :rofl:

Everybody laughing?
    Sort of thing my sister would do.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.