Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Unacceptable crush watch

Announcements

Ok call me sick or whatver you want but im just looking for advice. Basically Ive had a crush on my climbing instructor (whos in his early 50's:eek: ) ever since I was 12 (so 8 years). I know its sad but hes all I think about sometimes and the one person I told called me a slut (is this true??) The thing is its not like I want sex/marriage or anything that would be like uhh, I just like being with him:confused: Ive not acted on it in anyway Im the quiet/secret type he doesn't know and he certainly doesn't like me.
    Ive just never been able to fancy guys my own age

I need some opinions on this am I just sad or what? Does anyone else have crushes that last this long and not bother with guys their own age? I guess Ive been denying it and it sounds so pathetic now Ive put it in writing (or text lol)

ReputationRep:
    Ummmmm, a little different would be the polite way to say it. but, each to their own and all. i dont think you should tell him, ever. for one, people would find that a tad odd. but then if you like him who cares what people think right? ive always liked older women...actually no i havent

ReputationRep:
    no it doesn't sound sad, its just your age and development at the moment. You've just met a nice person and you probably admire him and look up to him. So you emotions are getting attatched to him. May I ask your age?

To be honest just ignore it best you can and it will go eventually, and you will hopefully meet someone you like your own age, then develop a crush on them.

Just remember it's just a crush, don't do anything about it, it will pass eventually..

ReputationRep:
    A slut is someone who sleeps around, so it's not true. Anyway, if he certainly doesn't like you, it's not worth the hassle in my opinion and I can understand why you might find an older man attractive, but this sounds to me like it will not develop further than a simple crush.

Trust me you're normal. I went through the same thing, though not for 8 years. Why do you have a crush on him? Maybe it's just admiration, because I've felt like that towards some people who I admire, and I actually mistook it for being a crush. (actually it was a mixture of both :confused: )

Good luck, hope you find a decent guy your age.

ReputationRep:
    May I ask your age?
    if they've fancied them for 8 years since 12, wouldn't that make them about 20?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianist)
    ok ok, bit slow on the maths

ReputationRep:
    hehe I hate Maths too.

(Original post by Navajo)
    no it doesn't sound sad, its just your age and development at the moment. You've just me a nice person and you probably admire him and look up to him. So you emotions are getting attatched to him. May I ask your age?

To be honest just ignore it best you can and it will go eventually, and you will hopefully meet someone you like your own age, then develop a crush on them.

Just remember it's just a crush, don't do anything about it, it will pass eventually..
    lol Im 21 Thats the thing I can't even say its a teenage crush anymore. If I told him he would tell me if never wants to see me again! He once asked why i was a member if I didn't like the climbing (i was complaining about something lol) and I just didn't answer So ever since Ive sort of ignored him a bit but I still like being with him:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Probably a bit of subliminal projection with a dash of admiration and a whisper of raging hormones through in for good measure.
    Of course you're not a slut. They're a moron. There's a huuuuge difference.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I need some opinions on this am I just sad or what? Does anyone else have crushes that last this long and not bother with guys their own age? I guess Ive been denying it and it sounds so pathetic now Ive put it in writing (or text lol)

Your not sad, sick or a slut. I had a crush on my current boyfriend for 3 years before I acted on it, I waited until I was 16 and now we are living together (17, now). He is 46. When I told people they didn't think I was a slut and they slowly began to accept it, the only people who havent are my parents who I dont talk to. I have never bothered with guys my own age and the only people I have liked in that way have been between 40-60 and I have been like this ever since I can remember so I dont imagine me changing overnight, if you have always prefered older guys its probably just the way you are.

Feel free to PM me.

ReputationRep:
    huh, you are 21 and he is 50?

could be worse i suppose. when i am 21 my dad will be 45...thats weird actually sorry

A slut is someone who sleeps around, so it's not true. Anyway, if he certainly doesn't like you, it's not worth the hassle in my opinion and I can understand why you might find an older man attractive, but this sounds to me like it will not develop further than a simple crush.

Trust me you're normal. I went through the same thing, though not for 8 years. Why do you have a crush on him? Maybe it's just admiration, because I've felt like that towards some people who I admire, and I actually mistook it for being a crush. (actually it was a mixture of both :confused: )

Good luck, hope you find a decent guy your age.
    Thanks, I think its always been more than admiration hes just really nice and a bit dominant in a playful way..ok I don't wanna sound strange I don't care that he doesn't like me, he's married etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    lol Im 21 Thats the thing I can't even say its a teenage crush anymore. If I told him he would tell me if never wants to see me again! He once asked why i was a member if I didn't like the climbing (i was complaining about something lol) and I just didn't answer So ever since Ive sort of ignored him a bit but I still like being with him:confused:
    Just a crush then, I have an outstanding crush at the moment on a girl where I work, but I'm learning to deal with it. I know its hard to live with. I find myself thinking about her all the time, sometimes even to the point of obsession. But it goes eventually.

It's not like you want to make anything more of it, is it? If not then just prehaps don't go anymore, but it shouldn't go that far to be honest. Just try to block him out of you thoughts. Prehaps flirt with someone your own age so that you develop a relationship with someone your age to take your mind off him, and you may develop a crush on someone else.

(Original post by kirstinx)

Your not sad, sick or a slut. I had a crush on my current boyfriend for 3 years before I acted on it, I waited until I was 16 and now we are living together (17, now). He is 46. When I told people they didn't think I was a slut and they slowly began to accept it, the only people who havent are my parents who I dont talk to. I have never bothered with guys my own age and the only people I have liked in that way have been between 40-60 and I have been like this ever since I can remember so I dont imagine me changing overnight, if you have always prefered older guys its probably just the way you are.

Feel free to PM me.
    Ok thanks, guess im not the only one then, to be honest though I just couldn't date anyone that old and dating him or him making any moves would probably freak me out and put me off him! (If anyone can make sense of that congrats lol)
    I just enjoy being with him if you know what I mean.
    Im glad your satisfied though I suppose age has nothing to do with it if you really like each other

(Original post by Navajo)
    Just a crush then, I have an outstanding crush at the moment on a girl where I work, but I'm learning to deal with it. I know its hard to live with. I find myself thinking about her all the time, sometimes even to the point of obsession. But it goes eventually.

It's not like you want to make anything more of it, is it? If not then just prehaps don't go anymore, but it shouldn't go that far to be honest. Just try to block him out of you thoughts. Prehaps flirt with someone your own age so that you develop a relationship with someone your age to take your mind off him, and you may develop a crush on someone else.
    No, I wouldn't want anything to happen I like things as they are, I can avoid thinking about him and block him out but I just never want to lol. I don't think I could cope with never seeing him again though

ReputationRep:
    Then just deal with it, put it out of your mind it's just a crush as you said. Just cope, that's all you can do

And good luck

ReputationRep:
    There is no universal time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkenergy)
    There is no universal time.
    'scuse me?

ReputationRep:
    'scuse me?
    Got a problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkenergy)
    Got a problem?
    :eek: nvm

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.