Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Nokia N70 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    my last 2 phones have been a p800 and then a p910i, both of which kept me amused for a few months with their pda functions, but I'm skint now, and am not upgrading my contract. My dads going to upgrade his in a few days, and is letting me keep whatever new handset he gets so I dont have to get another well expensive contract

anyway, the n80 isn't out, and the n70 looks like its what im going to end up with. Can anyone comment on the mp3 playback sound, and the phone in general? I want something fairly powerful,the pxxx series phones have been great for mp3, video playback and external applications, but at the same time I want a phone that actually fits in my pocket!

can any n70 users give me some advice on the phone, or any alternatives? I'm looking forward to a 2mp camera too, the p series cameras are vga $hit!

cheers

ReputationRep:
    I have N70 phone so I'll try to explain some of its features:

It has a 2 mega pixels camera.

Click here for a sample pic using N70 (sorry, that's the only pic I have)

The mp3 player in N70 is easy to use and has an excellent sound quality; but.. I don't like the headset of N70 because it keeps on falling out my ears... but yeah the sound quality is great and I like the colour.. it's white. You can view documents in Microsoft Office (Word,Powerpoint,Excel) and in .pdf files (Adobe Reader). It has also a radio.

Disadvantage:
    no infrared port
    keypad is a bit small

Hmm.. sorry I don't have my N70 at the moment (my mom borrowed it) so I'll just give you the links of its reviews and I suggest you to read these url's because they're very detailed:

Click here
    and here

this is my headset + phone

But overall, I love the phone!
    I hope that helped.:p:

ReputationRep:
    The N70 is a great phone, but not the Orange 'branded' one. They've disabled a lot of the functionality, and spoilt the phone.

mp3 playback is via Real Player, and the quality is good. Camera results are genarally good, but flash is weak.

Not sure if it's just me, but the phone just eats battery life.

ReputationRep:
    N80 is out at the end of this month..can't you wait until then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hallucination)
    N80 is out at the end of this month..can't you wait until then?
    nokia release a phone on time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bis)
    nokia release a phone on time?
    Well, I've been reliably informed it should be on sale by the end of May latest. You do have a point though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hallucination)
    Well, I've been reliably informed it should be on sale by the end of May latest. You do have a point though...
    Hi, If you want to get this phone to use TOMTOM , dont.
    Its not too good at running it.

The slidey back annoys me, sometimes drops down in my pocket activating the camera. Annoying.

Also pressing the red button closes the program your running, not putting it to the back like minimising.

If you do this while the screen says sending message it puts it into drafts.
    Sometimes when i ring people i get like a electronicy sound and the other end hear me like robot, i believe that is due to that certain software release.

Apart from that its a good phone.

ReputationRep:
    better than wasting money on N70, id recommend Sony Ericsson K750i or w800i....their 2MP cameras are *better* as they come with auto focus, which N70 lacks

W800i also has the original walkman software, which gies much better quality than real player. they both are quite light (99gms) and small in size.N70 is quite bulky,too.

u said u used a P910i...then why not wait for P990i? its the next hot thing...same cam as K750i, all good stuff from P910i and believe it, 802.11b support (wi-fi) !! supposed to comeout in nokia's E series...when, only god knows....

also, N91 is also a good substitute, but its 4Gb memory is HDD based...dunno whther it wud survive a fall....
    Poll
    Do you like carrot cake?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.