Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Marauders watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    After re-reading I cant help but feel sorry for them all. They came together all with their different backgrounds and formed a friendship that seemed to be so strong. I hate the way it ended, James being murdered protecting his family, Sirius falsely imprisoned in azkaban for 12years , then to come out live like a fugitive and meet his end in such a cruel way, Peter the rat giving in it evil and betraying the friends who would have died for him and finally Remus who's has such a cruel life.

I particularly feel sorry for Remus the last only true marauder, from what we've read it seemed the only real family he had were the marauders. They accepted him and helped him at risk to themselves , where other wizards would look down upon him. In his eyes two of his brothers died and the other imprisoned for betrayal. I don't think he had anywhere to turn and just carried his burden alone and just disappeared for 12years until his return to Hogwarts. He then saw two of marauders once more only to see death and betrayal all over again. I was glad that JK gave him Tonks, but I just feel he wont survive the end battle.

I just find it hard to come terms with how such close friends of whom were popular and admired at Hogwarts could have turned out like this. Fate has been to cruel to them. Peter has gone way past forgivness but I would like to see him redeem himself even its in the smallest way just so we can see his grifindor colours.

Anyways thats the end of my rant sorry if I bored any of you .

ReputationRep:
    Aw that is kinda sad, but a good point

ReputationRep:
    It's all very true, and very sad. I'd love to hear more about Remus's past, before we met him at Hogwarts, although I fear it wouldnt be particularly cheerful! It is a shame because especially when you see them in the memories being all clever and full of life etc, and compare that to now, and it's Voldemort who destroyed all that. Spose its all to give Harry greater motivation to get rid of him, so he doesnt destroy any more lives etc.

V glad Lupin has Tonks though :suith: I think he'll survive the series for definite, esp as JKR has said theyre going to get married and have lots of multicoloured werewolf cubs yayyy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidekick)
    V glad Lupin has Tonks though :suith: I think he'll survive the series for definite, esp as JKR has said theyre going to get married and have lots of multicoloured werewolf cubs yayyy.
    I hope thats true, atleast one of them can finally live their life in peace, if he does have children I hope Harry steps in as Godfather!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exile)
    I hope thats true, atleast one of them can finally live their life in peace, if he does have children I hope Harry steps in as Godfather!
    Aww wow that would be cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidekick)
    theyre going to get married and have lots of multicoloured werewolf cubs yayyy.

now there's something i'd love to see! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lutionium)
    now there's something i'd love to see! lol
    It's gonna happen I tells ya!

ReputationRep:
    i hope so...it would be great to read something cheerful on the next book.

Remus is a very special character and his story really touches me(haha, touching me jokes). And it's not just because he's a werewolf that I sympathize:p:

I wish he could have stayed on to teach DADA. That would've been cool but unfeesible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    Remus is a very special character and his story really touches me(haha, touching me jokes). And it's not just because he's a werewolf that I sympathize:p:

I wish he could have stayed on to teach DADA. That would've been cool but unfeesible.
    Mainly because parents would never allow a Werewolf to teach in the school

(Original post by Dude)
    Mainly because parents would never allow a Werewolf to teach in the school
    Is it just me or does that seem to draw parellels with racial discrimination in our society today?

I might be studying too much literature these days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    Is it just me or does that seem to draw parellels with racial discrimination in our society today?

I might be studying too much literature these days
    No, its completely true.

Although this is slightly different as werewolfs can be dangerous.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.