The Student Room Group

uni transfer 3rd year (what is the process?)

What is the process for transferring unis? Im studying English Language and Lit and am on my second year. I don't really mind the uni or the course and feel that i can ace it and get a good degree out of it, but being in my second year I am sort of getting tired of the uni lifestyle, going out to boring clubs every night etc. I have good mates here but most are a year above me and are graduating at the end of this year and im surrounded by typical uni lads, who do all that chanting *******s and are constantly on the pisss etc. I can get on with them and all but the thought of two more years of this is daunting. I want to transfer unis for my third year and finish my degree from London, where I will live at home and save money for my plans after I graduate, and Im wondering what the transfer process is like. Are their any limitations on transferring, do you need to achieve a certain grade and can you only transfer to a specific school? I don't know if many unis have the exact same degree course as the one I'm studying, so how would that work. Any advice and info would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
I think the best option is to talk to your current university and talk to the university you wish to transfer too as each university will be different and that is the only way you'll find out 100% I think.
Reply 2
Also check how it might affect your funding if you get any. Someone on my undergrad course swapped to a different course at the same uni after our first year. Her student loans were cut by £1000 and the only reason given was that she'd changed course. She had no right of appeal.

Quick Reply

Latest