The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

What to do to become President of the Economics Society at UCL

I went down to UCL on 1st Feb, and from my view of ucl, u have to be a drunkard who wants to give out ten pound notes for no reason coz the society has nothing better to spend the money on. :p: pres ben :p: This made me think... wot the hell does the president of the economics society do apart from suck teachers *ss :p: and go on the circular line dirnking at all 23 or 24 stops. What do u have to do to be the President. Its just that i dont drink and might wanna be a Pres. Also, if u r the president, r u classed as a geek? :biggrin: sorry pres ben for this little abuse. u seemed quite kool on the 1st feb so hence this abuse.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i think you have to be elected so being popular among your fellow students would obviously help.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
:rofl:

I'm sure P_B is an excellent position to answer this question of yours. He'll be positively flattered! :biggrin:
Reply 3
I can't wait for President Ben to wake up for this one :biggrin:

Anyhows, I haven't even started at UCL yet, and I won't even be part of the Economics department, yet P_B has done a few things for me - all this should indicate that he's generally too doing more than... the above.
Reply 4
I think its just like a normal college election. You must have had a students' union or school council at whereever you study?

You must be keen after visiting UCL once and wanting to make changes:p: .
Reply 5
im waiting for your throwback of abuse pres ben, or is all what i said above the truth :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 6
I know who I'm voting for.
Reply 7
Ludivine
I know who I'm voting for.

I think he'll be too busy. Or, you should hope so!
Reply 8
jb_sweden
I think he'll be too busy. Or, you should hope so!

I was under the impression he could multi-task. However, I suppose those two activities are somewhat incompatible.
Reply 9
Ludivine
I was under the impression he could multi-task. However, I suppose those two activities are somewhat incompatible.

Don't underestimate his abilities! Though, he imagine multi-tasking under those circumstances would have rather negative consequences. Focus can mean the difference between good and heaven.
Reply 10
thats it
im launching my campaign for president of the economics society for 2007 :

vote for me. because
1) i will not give away tenners for free, i will invest it in precious metals like gold, coz i am a jeweller on ebay, and from the profits i will pay for all of ur holidays to paris, which i will take u on

2) we all know its about time lecturers should stop havin their *sses licked. trust me, i will put them in their place by tellin em to give us worthwhile lectures than dont make us sleep to death, or we will keep the money of the society to ourselves, equal division

3) finally its time to have more strikes at universities. ill plan strikes for whenever people feel UCL is getting boring and the economics department needs a new building.

.......:mad: Pres Ben, atleast reply now..!!!!
Reply 11
jb_sweden
Don't underestimate his abilities! Though, he imagine multi-tasking under those circumstances would have rather negative consequences. Focus can mean the difference between good and heaven.

In that case I definitely want you to focus. Focus, incidentally, being something this thread could really use...

(I.e. let's stop hijacking the thread.)
Reply 12
Ludivine

(I.e. let's stop hijacking the thread.)

Why? I thought you fancied the idea of doing it in public.
Reply 13
jb_sweden
Why? I thought you fancied the idea of doing it in public.

I thought we said Hyde Park, not TSR...

(Ok seriously, let's stop.)
Reply 14
Ludivine
I thought we said Hyde Park, not TSR...

wot r u 2 on about!!! i have no clue whatsoever. lolll
Reply 15
Ludivine

Let's just change venue.
Reply 16
jb_sweden
Let's just change venue.

Ok, meet you in UCL General Chat.

Edit: Or Hyde Park.
Ludivine
Ok, meet you in UCL General Chat.

Edit: Or Hyde Park.

Wow! I never realised TSR was a dating agency! In that case, I'm a tall attractive Spaniard with a huge wallet and a villa on the Costa del Sol. PM me for further details!

hehe these weird language students,...I would have thought better of you, Ludivine...
Reply 18
FarEastGerman
I would have thought better of you, Ludivine...

Better?

The glove has been thrown! By the large oak tree behind the tavern at sunrise. Foils.
Reply 19
FarEastGerman
Wow! I never realised TSR was a dating agency! In that case, I'm a tall attractive Spaniard with a huge wallet and a villa on the Costa del Sol. PM me for further details!

hehe these weird language students,...I would have thought better of you, Ludivine...

No no, it's not what you think. He's just my bitch.

Latest

Trending

Trending