Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I been reading alot about my course, student life, about halls and stuff... yet nothin about nightlife... As much as i lvoe school and stuff, i love to have good time too... soooooo where the best spots at, lot of hot girls? ( no offense to the ladies ) any special nights or clubs and stuff how is it?

ReputationRep:
    depends what you're into really, we got asked last night where was good by a group of lads who were in notts, but we weren't sure where to tell them as they got refused entry to rock city and pit and pendulum as they didn't fit in with the dress code... i didn't even know there was one at P&P! Same with rescue rooms, but I think they just said they didn't like it there.

anyway, i don't tend to go to clubs, we stick to pubs but nottingham has some amazing pubs... just wander around and you'll find some as we have loads. Notts has some of the best night life in the country in my opinion, I love it here, I'm so annoyed I have to move to go to uni but I don't want to live at home for uni either! Theres loads of clubs and my friends love it, but im more of a pub person- which is equally as good. The mainstream places in town tend to be around the square and the cornerhouse cinema, so if you stay around there until you find your feat I don't think you'd go wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham is a brilliant place to be a student for nightlife. you'll find out when you get there, you won't be disappointed. Re: the 'ladies' situation, the old myth about there being far more women than men in the city of nottingham sadly hasn't been true since the lace industry collapsed. again ,though, don't worry, you wont be disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    There's loads of student nights in the clubs in town that everyone goes to - a typical week may look like this:

Monday - Oceana
    Tuesday - Ocean (perhaps go to Tantra before)
    Wednesday - Isis/Media (although Isis is hugely popular)
    Thursday - Faces
    Friday - Ocean

I've not taken into account any places like rock city/cookie club etc because they're not places i go to. On the weekend loads of people do campus 14, or go to the Ark. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    Monday - Oceana
    Thursday - Faces
    Friday - Ocean
    Media has closed (for the time being at least) due to licensing issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simeon)
    Media has closed (for the time being at least) due to licensing issues.
    Hmm... sounds familiar... *cough*the works*cough*

ReputationRep:
    Are the AU nights cursed or something?

ReputationRep:
    Indeed. Mode are getting perilously close too.

In the last round of test purchasing, 50% of pubs/clubs failed (Including the Bag o' Shite ), and Inspector Paul Winter is getting VERY narky about the whole situation.

When the new Best Bar None scheme comes into force, I can see them trying to make Pubs/Clubs ID everyone who looks under 30.

Don't worry mousey, AU will be back at their spiritual home next year.

ReputationRep:
    The student nights in Nottingham are crap i think, full of stupidly wasted students who spill drinks down me all the time! grrr.

I think im going to stick my ID to my forehead from now i get so flipping annoyed when i get ID'd both at the door and the bar of the same places!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    There's loads of student nights in the clubs in town that everyone goes to - a typical week may look like this:

Monday - Oceana
    Thursday - Faces
    Friday - Ocean
    Sounds like you're one of those that *just* go to student nights?! WHY?! There's far more better places to go than these student nights every night; and it's the same drunken crowd/same music every week! Student nights are good in moderation, but I wouldn't say go to one every night, every week.

There are far better places out there that don't just play cheesy 70s/80s and chart music; where you can have a good night without some tanked up student starting a fight.

Rock city's pretty good on a Thursday night, or of that's not your scene, Market Bar for a hip/hop, funky house night and of course, Stealth for your trance/dance/electronica. My best piece of advice is don't just stick to the student nights - you will end up getting completely sick of them after a while! Go around and explore, there's always something better about!

PS: Ocean two nights a week?! Why?!

ReputationRep:
    Ocean once a week why?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't one of the Ocean nights a Trent one? I think Friday at Ocean is Trent student night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Regend)
    PS: Ocean two nights a week?! Why?!
    Tuesday is the legendary post-formal Hu Stu night.
    Friday is The Zone and attendence is mandatory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophieliz)
    Isn't one of the Ocean nights a Trent one? I think Friday at Ocean is Trent student night.
    No, they're both Nottingham nights. Trent is either Monday or Wednesday I think.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure Higgy can confirm this, but I think Wednesday is Trent AU night at Ocean.

ReputationRep:
    Just my tuppence worth, tuesday is trent night at Oceana, and generally MUCH better than mondays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freshestkid)
    Just my tuppence worth, tuesday is trent night at Oceana, and generally MUCH better than mondays
    Not as far as the Police are concerned. Trent on Tuesdays have averaged 9 reportable incidents a week. Nottingham on Mondays have averaged 2.

Trent SU have been warned they may lose the night at Oceana.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simeon)
    I'm sure Higgy can confirm this, but I think Wednesday is Trent AU night at Ocean.
    Yep wednesday is a Trent Ocean night, and yes speaking of Oceana there always seems to be people getting thrown out on tuesdays, i cant stand going anymore half the people in there just annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    Is Ocean that good of a club that they go like every 2 days lol hows the music too.... Im into everything really but at clubs, im more urban, techno, rap, hip hop watever... although i dont mind the rock as long as its not abused played all the time i like a huge variety type music at clubs... but ya lookin forward tooooo it.... Candino will be partying quite hard catch me sooon

ReputationRep:
    Isis is amazing. Cheap drinks, and everyone's there. Most people aren't normally in any state to notice the ****e music.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 22, 2006
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.