Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, first things first sorry if any of this has already been posted!

I am joining, or hoping to join the RAF as a Weapons Systems Operator. I was wondering if anybody knew what the fitness tests involved? How many sit-ups/press ups you have to do etc. Any other useful tips would also be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Have you done a search yet?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but i couldn't find anything. Just thought i would cover my back incase! so, anyone got any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Check the faq thread, its all their, BH has done a great job

ReputationRep:
    Thats great..thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Hi All

I'm really new to this, so go easy please.

I have info that may be really useful to everyone viewing pages for the RAF.
    I am currently working as a civilian for RAF Odiham (Where the Chinook's live), my job deals with NCA and commisioning, i.e service personel who wish to re-muster to any of these, so as you can guess I can get my hands on info regarding NCA or commisioning. Please feel free to ask me anything concerning thr trade you are looking at and I shall try my best to find things out.

To Night Flight

I do have some Info regarding the fitness requirements, If you still need them let me know, The only problem is that I have left them at home.

I myself am going for WSOp, and shall be attending OASC on June 11th. If anyone else is there on that date let me know.

Best regards

ReputationRep:
    There's no needs to keep posting the same information over, and over again.

As people have said, BlackHawk made a nice FAQ on it. :-)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2006
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.