But mjg is funnier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    But mjg is funnier
    Such is life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Such is life.
    I was only joking, you come out with much funnier/stupid things!

ReputationRep:
    But mjg is funnier
    mjg is rather funny - he amuses me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    mjg is rather funny - he amuses me
    LOL yes he is. He says things we all want to say.

ReputationRep:
    LOL yes he is. He says things we all want to say.
    but dont necessarily have to guts to say ...

ReputationRep:
    But mjg is funnier
    Mjg may be funny, but Joey has the class. That's why he's mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Mjg may be funny, but Joey has the class. That's why he's mine
    LOL, you can take him! Prince Harry is still waiting for me. But until then...

ReputationRep:
    LOL, you can take him! Prince Harry is still waiting for me. But until then...
    Oh HS, I thought we agreed were going to keep that quite

ReputationRep:
    Keep what quiet?

ReputationRep:
    Keep which bit quiet? That she's dropping her public schoolboy for royalty? Never mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shazza)
    by sexual imagery on television.

MODS DON'T DELETE PLEASE IT IS A QUESTION FOR MY DISSERTATION I JUST WANT OPINIONS!!

There is currently very little sexual imagery before the watershed, generally the closest to sex is a couple kissing and heading to the bedroom. do you think kids understand what is going on (I mean like pre teen) and do you think this affects them.
    Do any of you remember seeing anything your self as a child, did it affect you??
    Do you think it is too easy for children to watch tv after watershed due to tv's in their rooms, and do you think the parents that complain about sex even after watershed should take a good look at their own parenting ways??

Thankyou!!
    well, many people believe that it gives children unrealistic impressions of what sex is like...I would say that i agree there, however lets face it, parents talking to their children about sex is just embarassing so in that respect it gives an insight...combined with ther technical stuff they teach at school i don't think it's a bad thing....I'm abit iffy though, i think i could be quite easily swayed on this 1

ReputationRep:
    I am doing an essay on 'Is the media responsible for the early development of our children?' So any of your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    this is an issue i feel strongly about. i am 19 years old.
    i think tv definately heavily influences young children. i see girls age about 5-8 wearing childrens thongs showing above the jeans (like britney). my frinds sis didnt even know what i thong was worn for! they wear really short skirts, provocative tops and makeup at age 5-8. i have size 2 feet and often buy kids shoes, but i am both happy and appalled to find stilletto heels, kneehigh boots, strappy heels for children age about 7-9 (average age for size 2 feet). i think this is influenced by tv

despite the watershed, just look at the advertising on tv, billborads, magazines, all about sex. i went to see a 15 rated film, i cant remeber which one, and it had references to oral sex, anal sex, sex and threesomes. at 15, they are still legally children.
    i think that their ideas about sex vome totally from the media. parents arent to blame, society is. at 19 i didnt feel sex education at school was sufficient and was never taught anything about STDS at all.
    why do kids age 8 need a boyfriend? why do age 6 girls wear childrens thongs and makeup and dress like hookers? why is it acceptable for shildren to see naked people waking up together on programmes before the watershed?
    personally i think its appalling

ReputationRep:
    yes, it does! just watch Eastenders to see incest, people having sex when drunk, people randomly sleeping around, a 11 yr old mom
    Coronation street at 730, has a 13 yr old mom. what kinda exaple is dat??

ReputationRep:
    I totally think that children are affected by things on TV. I remember i learnt about sex and stuff after seeings things on TV and putting 2 and 2 together, at the age of 7. I think if i hadn't learnt about everything until i was older i would be less inclined to "do anything" just now.

ReputationRep:
    ya i think so too.

i think i heard the most pop role model 4 preteens is Britney. wat kinda role model is she??????????/

ReputationRep:
    yes i totally agree. my mom does my washing, and would not like me to wear thongs now! i think its awful companies are sexually exploting kids age 4 with thongs. but they seen t o think its grown up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    I think that due to the points that I stated earlier on, pre watershed television breeds curiosity and a desire to explore issues raised.

It's like the forbidden fruit. If children can cotton on that they're not technically supposed to be seeing this, or that naughty things happen after watershed, they are DEFINITELY more inclined to research further into subjects in an attempt to seem more grown up.

It's pretty sad in my opinion that children want to grow up so fast. Given the chance, I'd like to have been naiveish, but informed enough to get by, but not so influenced as to want to try things "for older children" too early.

I see the thongs, and the bra sets that are aimed at 4-6 year olds with "marykate and ashley" plastered all over them and I think it sad that a would-be innocent section of people are being exploited by companies.
    Yeah totally. I'm 14 and my mum still hates it when i come home from shopping with thongs. If my 7 year old sis was to ask for one (which she would never do anyways) my mum would probably hit the roof.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.