Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

vodafone - my horrible experience watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im an international student. Back in november last year, I made a 18-month contract with vodafone and it came with a free k750i which was great and I have been enjoying using it. Problem was I had to pay 100 pounds deposit in store which i did, later in december, I got my bill and realised that I got charged once more thru direct debit(in total i paid 200), went to the store to ask for the refund of 100 pounds in february, got all the proof sent to the office. Still didnt get my money back in mid March. Rang them up and they said they had got the proof, but nothing had been done. :mad:

Anyway, went to the store last week, they said they would give me back 100 pounds -back into my bank account. Checked my bank balance today, no, it didnt go up - rang them up, apparently, they put the 100 pounds into my vodafone account (which I told them not to while in the store), now they said they would give me back the money - but deduced the 30 pounds phone bill of march, so 70 pounds back to my bank account. WTF are they doing:mad: :mad: im really mad and I don't like their customer service at all, they've been treating me like trash

ReputationRep:
    Back in the day when I was an "international student" I had to pay a £100 deposit to Orange which I only got back at the end of the contract period. It could be that whoever you've been dealing with just doesn't have a clue what's going on so they're telling you one thing and another happens, but you seem to have gotten the money back now anyway?

I know it blows but if you've got all the money now there's nowt to get upset about. Just avoid Voda like the plague!

ReputationRep:
    thats harsh...and i'm consideringf signing up with them in the next few weeks :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Most networks do refund airtime deposits to your account with them rather than by cheque or to your bank account - I know Orange do. The only way to get it back in cash is to close the Orange account (by porting the number out or just terminating the line) and then they will send a cheque refund a couple of weeks after your final bill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarts_n_Vicars)
    Back in the day when I was an "international student" I had to pay a £100 deposit to Orange which I only got back at the end of the contract period. It could be that whoever you've been dealing with just doesn't have a clue what's going on so they're telling you one thing and another happens, but you seem to have gotten the money back now anyway?

I know it blows but if you've got all the money now there's nowt to get upset about. Just avoid Voda like the plague!
    The extra 100 pounds is not the deposit - its the money that they should have never charged me for. they charged me cos apparently "the money i paid in store by solo card hasn't gone thru" but i did pay 100 in store. And NO, I haven't got my money back, they are so hypocrites - telling me it will be done when they aren't doing anything:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingspharm)
    Most networks do refund airtime deposits to your account with them rather than by cheque or to your bank account - I know Orange do. The only way to get it back in cash is to close the Orange account (by porting the number out or just terminating the line) and then they will send a cheque refund a couple of weeks after your final bill.
    Hey Kingspharm. Thanks for the info. But Im still on the 5th month of a 18-month contract with them. If they broke the rule in the first place (by charging things that with no reason), can I cancel the contract without paying the rest of the phone bill?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure to be honest - I wouldn't have thought you can just walk away from it, and I very much doubt they'll be keen to just let you go.

If I were you, I would kick off an official complaint - put it in writing to Vodafone to their complaints address (maybe on the back of the bill?) and ask for immediate rectification and recompense.

I would also be very tempted to escalate the complaint to OTELO as well because if they've ****ed you over then it's really not on.

ReputationRep:
    They won't let you out of the contract....once you've signed no matter what they do that's it - you're committed. Been there and done that with Orange years back I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingspharm)
    I'm not sure to be honest - I wouldn't have thought you can just walk away from it, and I very much doubt they'll be keen to just let you go.

If I were you, I would kick off an official complaint - put it in writing to Vodafone to their complaints address (maybe on the back of the bill?) and ask for immediate rectification and recompense.

I would also be very tempted to escalate the complaint to OTELO as well because if they've ****ed you over then it's really not on.
    right thats it, called them and waited for like 15 minutes for someone to pick up the phone. They kept saying that the money would come then I said 'are u sure cos u guys have said it a few times?', suddenly the woman hanged up the phone. Official complain letter is coming

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.