Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have finally decided to make their final choice to read Law. Aaak! I'll probably choose by the end of this weekend . It's really worrying.

Just before I get cold feet again... IF you were me, would you choose to read law at Warwick or Durham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    I have finally decided to make their final choice to read Law. Aaak! I'll probably choose by the end of this weekend . It's really worrying.

Just before I get cold feet again... IF you were me, would you choose to read law at Warwick or Durham?

warwick u not only have the beautiful country side of warwickshire but you also have a city life of cov n brum close by, aprt from that warwick is one the prestigous universities im going to warwick to read law too this sept!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Durham. It's a personal choice really. Both are really good. Warwick is better if you like the big campus sort of uni but Durham is more quiet and picturesque.

Just see what others have to say.

ReputationRep:
    i read on another post ur durham offers ABC which seems qu good....
    which one do u prefer?
    I'm prob going to warwick to study law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starry)
    I'd say Durham. It's a personal choice really. Both are really good. Warwick is better if you like the big campus sort of uni but Durham is more quiet and picturesque.

Just see what others have to say.
    i like both big city campus aswell as quietness but hey im bisexual too, best of both worlds

ReputationRep:
    Aww gosh..

I can't choose! My dad just called me a 'spoilt brat' which is quite true. I shouldn't be worrying so much about unis but I can't help it.

Maybe Durham suits people like me better? I'm rather quiet and not too interested in social life. It sounds so 'uncool' I know! but hey.. to each her own.

I went onto the Durham forums and people seem to love it there. But people speak well of Warwick too.

Why have you guys chosen to go to Warwick? Any particular reasons?

ReputationRep:
    For academic prowess pick Warwick. However, you have to be happy in the place you live for the next 3/4 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    For academic prowess pick Warwick. However, you have to be happy in the place you live for the next 3/4 years.
    Aren't durham and warwick similar academically?

ReputationRep:

i would honestly say you just pick the first one that comes into your mnd, warwick is in the heart of england (not quite but near) I am defo going there I have an unconditional offer there, I like it because warwick is really prestigous durham is good too, but wenever i mention it they are like is that a good uni!, it is but warwick is better they provide excellent stuff for their students including very prestigous firms comming to head hunt people from warwick, and the modules offered are excellent too. and you got really nice areas close by! warwickshire leamington, quite places, so u can enjoy that, like you sed ur quite i know, but you may wana enjoy the city life to some extent which it also provides

ReputationRep:
    Common illusion. I'd say Warwick is quite a bit ahead of Durham.

warwick. because st.johns sounds hideous

ReputationRep:
    Durham - reading your pther posts that seems to be where you want to go and my friend is going to st johns next year.

ReputationRep:
    Warwick

ReputationRep:
    If Durham is where you really want to go, I don't think you should feel pressurised into accepting Warwick just because some people on this forum think Warwick is higher. In real terms, they are both very good universities and I honestly don't think that anyone, potential employers included, puts so much value on a couple of league table spaces as some of the people in this forum.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, I don't think because you go to Durham instead of Warwick an employer will turn you away or pick someone else - class of degree and your interview will swing it. If it IS a "common misconception" that Warwick and Durham are equal, well that's ok, becuase it's likely then that the employers will think that too!
    GO where you want to, after all if you're coming to a new country you need to be happy with where you are.

ReputationRep:
    Its such a personal choice, just make one and stick to it, nboth are great-no regrets!

ReputationRep:
    Problem is that, this university thing is really having an emotional toll on me. Right now I'm trying to apply for a Warwick International Scholarship (there are 5 for my country). After my rejection from Cambridge, pessimism runs very high and I don't even know if I should apply.

Furthermore, they require a 150 word personal statement. I can't do it. I feel so lost

ReputationRep:
    Problem is that, this university thing is really having an emotional toll on me. Right now I'm trying to apply for a Warwick International Scholarship (there are 5 for my country). After my rejection from Cambridge, pessimism runs very high and I don't even know if I should apply.

Furthermore, they require a 150 word personal statement. I can't do it. I feel so lost

DOnt worry, SOOOO many really suitable and qualified people get rejected from cambridge, it is supposedly the top. Esp for law, being so oversubscribed, you have done really well to get offers at Warwick Durham Nottingham and wherever else, they are all relly good unis. I am sure you would get a scholarship, if you have managed to get one for the schools you went to when you were younger you are only on a winning streak. Dont stop it now!! You can do it

ReputationRep:
    My brother goes to Warwick and his girlfriend reads Law- she loves it, and I have visited them- it seriously is an amazing uni- if u want me to find anything out from them - just ask!

ReputationRep:
    Warwick - seems to be up and coming all the time!

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.