Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you try to change your course is the department from which you are trying to change still obliged to give you a place if you cannot change? IE is a UCAS decision final and un-changeable by the uni department, regardless?

ReputationRep:
    It's stated in the offer booklet that you can apply for a change in course, and should your request be denied, the university will still hold true to their original offer. Bear in mind that when I dicussed this with the uni undergrad department, they initially denied this, and only conceded when I pointed it out to them in the booklet. So don't take it for granted that whoever you're deadling with is aware of this policy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    It's stated in the offer booklet that you can apply for a change in course, and should your request be denied, the university will still hold true to their original offer. Bear in mind that when I dicussed this with the uni undergrad department, they initially denied this, and only conceded when I pointed it out to them in the booklet. So don't take it for granted that whoever you're deadling with is aware of this policy.
    Wow that's scary...

ReputationRep:
    are u sure, i called and stated the same thing and the person was was like "no, thats before you received an offer"? they are so useless, i wish they could put me on the line with the admissions tutor or something cause i really need to change courses or else i think the math is going to fail me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmydoerre3)
    are u sure, i called and stated the same thing and the person was was like "no, thats before you received an offer"? they are so useless, i wish they could put me on the line with the admissions tutor or something cause i really need to change courses or else i think the math is going to fail me.
    I'm 100% positive on this one. It's definitely there in your offer booklet.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 100% positive on this one. It's definitely there in your offer booklet.
    ok i will call tomorrow then, cause last time i called and they told me i could only do this before i received an offer:mad: , wut kind of excuse should i give btw? that i would fail the math portion of my course?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, they say it clearly in the book enclosed with offerpack! why dont you open and check it? im sure it's there. i think they just dont like it, and not everyone are informed about the whole admission stuff.
    really, i think its better to email, they are much nicer and more useful. probably quicker in some cases.
    I want to change as well. LSE really drives me mad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valerious)
    yeah, they say it clearly in the book enclosed with offerpack! why dont you open and check it? im sure it's there. i think they just dont like it, and not everyone are informed about the whole admission stuff.
    really, i think its better to email, they are much nicer and more useful. probably quicker in some cases.
    I want to change as well. LSE really drives me mad.
    emailing doesnt work, i emailed around 4 times and got the same reply. does this still work if i have already put the lse as my firm choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmydoerre3)
    emailing doesnt work, i emailed around 4 times and got the same reply. does this still work if i have already put the lse as my firm choice?
    Why not? Yes, I advise you to call up the office for such matters. It's much easier to communicate your thoughts and argue your case.

ReputationRep:
    yeah try to phone them with such problems. sorry i was a bit confused.
    after i sort out the aid thing, i will phone them, too. such a nightmare! do we phone the department? or the admission office?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 11, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.