Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Pick Durham! It's gorgeous little city and a degree from there is loved by employers!
    Its cheaper too. But Durham has weaknesses in certain subjects, which Bristol might be loads better at and vice versa, you'd have to look it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    It was a little joke. Hence the smile. And the complete lack of reference to crime statistics in that paragraph :confused:.

Why did he get robbed ? What was he doing ?

More to the point, getting robbed really isn't that bad:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3538879.stm

lmao,hello,do you not no anthing about nottingham

its gun crime problem is horrendous

5 people have been shot dead in the city since 2004 started

one got shot dead in basford about 3 weeks ago

so that ends that arguement of yours

ReputationRep:
    yes but 95% of gun crime is related to gangs and drugs. Don't get involved, don't get shot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyreid)
    lmao,hello,do you not no anthing about nottingham

its gun crime problem is horrendous

5 people have been shot dead in the city since 2004 started

one got shot dead in basford about 3 weeks ago

so that ends that arguement of yours

As Joy said, it's all about drugs and crime - I can guarantee you that there's far more gun crime in London than in Nottingham, and it hasn't affected me at all.

Some fool shot up a police van with an automatic rifle a couple of months ago. That only happened one or two miles from my house, but strangely I've never been a victim of crime.

Nottingham's crime is no worse than any other major city's, and, as so many have said, as a student, you're not going to get mixed up with the wrong kind of people and in the wrong places.

Unless you're just a complete idiot. Ahem.

ReputationRep:
    As Joy said, it's all about drugs and crime - I can guarantee you that there's far more gun crime in London than in Nottingham, and it hasn't affected me at all.

Some fool shot up a police van with an automatic rifle a couple of months ago. That only happened one or two miles from my house, but strangely I've never been a victim of crime.

Nottingham's crime is no worse than any other major city's, and, as so many have said, as a student, you're not going to get mixed up with the wrong kind of people and in the wrong places.

Unless you're just a complete idiot. Ahem.

ill admit,theres no city in the country that has worse crime than london,ill admit that,but to idiotically say nottingham has "no" worse than ever other city when it quite obviously does is just a moronic statement by you

and i didnt say i got caught up in gangland crime,im saying someone got shot dead down the road from me,and another one nearly got shot dead on faraday road(very near my areas),who eventually got shot dead in hyson green

plus how is getting robbed twice=getting caught up in gangland?????

most of the students in raleigh have got robbed or had trouble round ilkeston road are they allso stupid????

quit this "your stupid to get mugged" rubbish

ReputationRep:
    I think saying most of the students on RP have been mugged/experienced crime is a vast overestimation of the truth. I don't know 1 single person who had any problems whatsoever last year, EXCEPT the person who left their groundfloor window open and was shocked to find their computer had disappeared... like duh.

Despite what you say, Nottingham is no worse than other cities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyabbott)
    I think saying most of the students on RP have been mugged/experienced crime is a vast overestimation of the truth. I don't know 1 single person who had any problems whatsoever last year, EXCEPT the person who left their groundfloor window open and was shocked to find their computer had disappeared... like duh.

Despite what you say, Nottingham is no worse than other cities.

and despite what you say you dont live in the rough part of nottingham,my guessing is you live in dunkirk,beeston area which is the poshest part of nottingham

ReputationRep:
    hello... do you ever read my posts??? In my 2nd year I lived on Raleigh Park (House 6 - the one attached to the gate posts of Madison Court in case you don't believe me).

Yes, this year I live in Dunkirk - the only reason I live where I do is because my friend owns the house, and it's also extremely convenient for the medical school.

I would hardly call Dunkirk and Beeston the 'poshest' parts of Nottingham. However, they are 'reasonable', as is Lenton. I have friends who live on Ilkeston Rd, and some on Radford Boulevard, and none of them have had problems.

ReputationRep:
    ill admit,theres no city in the country that has worse crime than london,ill admit that,but to idiotically say nottingham has "no" worse than ever other city when it quite obviously does is just a moronic statement by you

and i didnt say i got caught up in gangland crime,im saying someone got shot dead down the road from me,and another one nearly got shot dead on faraday road(very near my areas),who eventually got shot dead in hyson green

plus how is getting robbed twice=getting caught up in gangland?????

most of the students in raleigh have got robbed or had trouble round ilkeston road are they allso stupid????

quit this "your stupid to get mugged" rubbish
    You haven't got caught up in ridiculous gangland crime in Nottingham, so crime in Nottingham isn't that bad. End of story.

ReputationRep:
    You haven't got caught up in ridiculous gangland crime in Nottingham, so crime in Nottingham isn't that bad. End of story.

but i got robbed,like many other people(dont listen to nk,rah etc)

end off

ReputationRep:
    friends who live on Ilkeston Rd, and some on Radford Boulevard, and none of them have had problems.

now you are just lying for the sake of it

please dont reply

ReputationRep:
    My cousin goes to Nottingham and she was there when a bank was robbed. However, she's never had any other crime problems that I've heard about.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to those of you who have offered (USEFUL!) comments. Yes, I realise there is some debate about crime stats, but I would really appreciate more advice about the matter in hand- the reps of the unis, and not just comments limited to Nottingham. I really couldn't care less about Peterborough or London- I'm not going there!

I did quite like Bristol uni but I wasn't actually too keen on the city centre itself. If I did choose Bristol, I also wouldn't know which hall of residence to go for.
    My Durham offer is for St Chad's- looks and sounds very nice to be a part of.
    Cheers to those of you who have responded helpfully anyway.

ReputationRep:
    sorry to have 'taken over' your thread sparkly.

However, I think you will find I have not lied once Andyreid. If that's all you can respond with, I think you'd be better keeping quiet.

I shall not be replying about this again, as quite frankly I'm bored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkly)
    Thanks to those of you who have offered (USEFUL!) comments. Yes, I realise there is some debate about crime stats, but I would really appreciate more advice about the matter in hand- the reps of the unis, and not just comments limited to Nottingham. I really couldn't care less about Peterborough or London- I'm not going there!

I did quite like Bristol uni but I wasn't actually too keen on the city centre itself. If I did choose Bristol, I also wouldn't know which hall of residence to go for.
    My Durham offer is for St Chad's- looks and sounds very nice to be a part of.
    Cheers to those of you who have responded helpfully anyway.

go to bristol,you will see a great city centre once the broadmead redevelopement is done

ReputationRep:
    go to bristol,you will see a great city centre once the broadmead redevelopement is done
    yea broadbead is cool, many people prefer cribbs causway nowadays, but broadbead feels so much nicer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    yea broadbead is cool, many people prefer cribbs causway nowadays, but broadbead feels so much nicer

500 mil is beeing spent on it to redevelop it

bristols hoping to be in the top 3 shopping destinations

ReputationRep:
    I hate to have to point this out, but seen as you're a fan of league tables, Nottingham is regularly placed 2nd after London in league table of top UK shopping destinations

Sorry... I just couldn't resist

www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/coun/department/ des/localplan/first/05.pdf

ReputationRep:
    I hate to have to point this out, but seen as you're a fan of league tables, Nottingham is regularly placed 2nd after London in league table of top UK shopping destinations

Sorry... I just couldn't resist

www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/coun/department/ des/localplan/first/05.pdf

lololol,no its not,it weas in the evening post about 2 weeks ago,nottinghams the 5 shopping destination behind london,glasgow,birmingham,leeds and it will be soon manc

= onhttp://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1160704,00.html
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/st...160704,00.html

this is the real link,nottinghams actually 5th,which proves you talk complete rubbish

note how it sayus march the 4th,prety recent i think

so shhhhhhhhhhh,lol at claiming nottinghams better than glasgow at shopping ha ha ha

ReputationRep:
    lololol,no its not,it weas in the evening post about 2 weeks ago,nottinghams the 5 shopping destination behind london,glasgow,birmingham,leeds and it will be soon manc

= onhttp://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1160704,00.html
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/st...160704,00.html

this is the real link,nottinghams actually 5th,which proves you talk complete rubbish

so shhhhhhhhhhh,lol at claiming nottinghams better than glasgow at shopping ha ha ha
    You are such an idiot. Have you ever actually posted anything on this board that wasn't ****ging off Nottingham?

Oh and please could you learn a little punctuation and grammar? God only knows how you got into University when you can't seem to write a proper sentence.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.