Turn on thread page Beta

What are you guys doing for your last week of school? Anything exciting? for our last week (next week!) we have different themes for each day to dress up as and then the final assembly on thursday before study leave!

ReputationRep:
    well, now i'm on vacation for 2 weeks. then, 3 days of school. and then almost a week later exams. everyone is going crazy because of such a stupid scheduling. what the hell can we do in three days after vacation???

and the dressing thing... we had it about a month ago - "spirit week" to pump up the school spirit before NECIS, the main sports competition between schools in northern europe.

also, last week we took graduation photos with those robes and gowns! everyone looked so ridiculous!

ReputationRep:
    OUr last week of school would have been fun but because of so many snow days this year, we're going to have a study week at school... Blooming snow.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh we had a school spirit support week (due to our Nazi headmistress).

We were.. o yes "developing the school Ethos." I kid you not.

Not to mention healty food week, and assemblies every fridays for the past two years.

Last week of school? We kind of drifted in a semi dazed state from lesson to lesson acting like we were very industrious as Hitler in a dress stalked around inspecting random classrooms to make sure everyone was still at work. Then we were bombarded by hours of mind-numbingly boring, communist style propaganda about how amazing our school is, provided of course, by our headmistress.

Luckily we now have holidays, and then we have a week of study leave before the exams, with voluntary consultations (I'll prolly go in for the math and computer science ones, I'd go for physics but our teacher sucks certain round objects on a regular basis so...).

So yah, our last week of school is nonexistant, I'm already on "holidays" (read, studying/revising).

ReputationRep:
    for us school has finished a week ago...but officially yesterday was the last day..nobody went thou so nothing happened

its a rather boring and depressing period this one where everyone is studying hoping that he ll get the required grades.!!

but on may 23 3pm we ll do whatever u can imagine..

ReputationRep:
    our schools just ends-- no special spirit week or anything. its just over. and people are all stressed about exams and grades and everything. quite boring really, but as i am into my revision myself i dont really care. its over soon anyhow..

ReputationRep:
    i'd say in my grade maximum 20% of people are actually stressed out. 60% pretend that they are stressed out. and the rest just doesn't give a s***. fun fun, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    well yeah i guess there are these 20% of people who dont give a f*** about school. but i left those out - they usually dont pass the IB

ReputationRep:
    true true. but then again. we have this guy in our grade who literally comes high to school. he did his extended essay, tok essay, and business internal assessment in a space of 4 days maximum. he doesn't show up to classes, and even if he does he is 30 munites late at least. but then again, he still thinks he has chances to get 7s. the saddest thing is... well, that's true! he can hope at least for 6s in all the subjects. damn. if i was that smart (academically)... but he is such an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    well, in my school we tend to take out chairs from the class rooms, place vaseline on door handles, throw butter, flour, water, drinks at other students....write stupid things on our school track like a big 'penis', plant a tree in the middle of our soccer pitch. throw candy at the younger, go to school with rollerblades, go to a teacher you truly hate and tell them they were a ****ty teacher etc............:cool:

ReputationRep:
    ha! throwing there nice ideas! but... the problem is, i still want to get my diploma! or, i just don't have the guts. i envy you.

(Original post by aluakz)
    ha! throwing there nice ideas! but... the problem is, i still want to get my diploma! or, i just don't have the guts. i envy you.
    I know what you mean! a few years ago, some people put a load of chickens in the library and a raw fish in the air vent, after that, the head said that no one would get their diploma if they played pranks like that (we keep it low-key and try not to get caught now lol). I still think that something momentus should happen on the last week - just to make up for how difficult the IB is!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.