The Student Room Group

Marketing Personal Statement

I'm applying to study a marketing degree in the 2013 entry, however I am really struggling to write my personal statement. The main part I am struggling with is to explain why the course interest me.. Obviously I love business studies and since studying this at a-level I have become intrested in the marketing element of a business but I just can't seem to write why a marketing degree is for me without sounding too cliché.
Any suggestions of how I could explain why marketing would interest me and evidence to show my understanding of what's required to study a marketing course?
Reply 1
Original post by Fisher58
I'm applying to study a marketing degree in the 2013 entry, however I am really struggling to write my personal statement. The main part I am struggling with is to explain why the course interest me.. Obviously I love business studies and since studying this at a-level I have become intrested in the marketing element of a business but I just can't seem to write why a marketing degree is for me without sounding too cliché.
Any suggestions of how I could explain why marketing would interest me and evidence to show my understanding of what's required to study a marketing course?

Have you looked at our PS Help resources? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Personal_Statement_Library
Reply 2
I have tried to have a read through some examples but I can't find anything specific to marketing?
Reply 3
I have the same problem! You can get quite a few helpful hints if you google marketing personal statements and example ones will come up. Obviously you can't copy & paste from these example but they can give you some ideas such as i've made a point about relating your part time job to marketing i.e. brand loyalty and the strngth of some brands due to successful marketing?
hope this was slightly helpful, good luck on your applications :P

Where are you thinking of applying to?
Reply 4
Are you hoping to study marketing on its own, or with another subject? And which universities?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending