The Student Room Group

Bounty put out on anti-Islam filmmaker by government official

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pinkhead
Are you serious? Of course you'll get replies like 'different crimes' because THEY ARE different crimes. One guy was part of an organisation that killed people; the other guy didn't even commit a crime! He just made a rubbish video.

Soldiers kill people, do they get bounties on each and evey one of their heads?

"Other guy didn't even commit a crime" - Are you sure about this? Would this video pass Pakistan's Balsphemy laws?

Free speech? How is a government minister placing a bounty on someone's head free speech? He's not just saying something which won't affect anyone, he's asking people to kill an innocent man and he's even paying for it!

1) An "innoncent man" - According to whom? This is very subjective. To some people in the ME, bin Laden was a hero against Western aggression and they could find no fault with him. This video guy, some people can find no fault in him and instead praise the guy.

2) Does the fact that bin Laden and this video guy chose different methods to communicate their message even matter?

You are sick in the head.

No, I'm "debating". Something that people do in a civillized society and is a much better way to discuss problems rather than murdering people or making ****ty films.
Reply 21
Original post by squishy123
Hmm.

So when the ol' US of A puts a bounty in Mr Bin Laden, we all accept it and congratulate the Seals on their success. Yet, when a guy in Pakistan puts out a bounty on someone, people are up in arms about it.

Sure, people will come back with replies like "different crimes etc" but why are people condeming his action if he has the "right to free speech" just like the guy that made that ridiculous parody.

I now await the negs and will compare it to how many replies I actually get.

Yes you're so right ... ofcourse he has the right to blow up building and buses, it is the same thing as not breaking any laws by making a video. :rolleyes:
Original post by Dhaal_Chawal
You're right, but despite that they've somehow produced a few geniuses
eg

Ali Nawazish - 22 A levels (world record)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1132200/The-boy-set-getting-Cambridge-got-22-A-levels.html

Ibrahim Shahid - 24 O levels (world record)
http://dawn.com/2011/02/01/pakistani-teen-breaks-o-level-world-record/

Arfa Karim - became a Microsoft Certified Professional at 9 years old (world record)
http://www.itechwhiz.com/2011/12/please-pray-for-arfa-karim-worlds.html

Babar Iqbal - became a Microsoft Certified Professional at 9 years old (world record again)
http://paktribune.com/news/Pakistani-boy-became-youngest-Microsoft-Certified-Professional-141235.html

Plus some others which I've maybe forgotten.

A-levels and O-levels aren't signs that you're a genius. It's only a reflection of hard work. Can't comment on the others as I know nothing about Microsoft Professionals :L
Original post by rmpr97
Yes you're so right ... ofcourse he has the right to blow up building and buses, it is the same thing as not breaking any laws by making a video. :rolleyes:

We are discussing the issuing of a bounty on top of the video man's head.

I'm saying that if the US was justified in their placing a bounty upon Mr bin Laden's head because he broke their laws, then surely Pakistan should be entitled to issue a bounty on top of the Video guy's head for breaking their infamous blasphemy laws.
Reply 24
Original post by rmpr97

Actually, Bin Laden himself has never been charged at all for any crime believe it or not, because there was no proof he actually did anything other than incite people to commit murder, as of now there is no evidence he committed murder or blew anything up. So technically he was executed for simply speaking. I'm not condoning his actions, far from it, but for the purpose of this discussion I just wish to highlight the facts.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 25
We are discussing the issuing of a bounty on top of the video man's head.

I'm saying that if the US was justified in their placing a bounty upon Mr bin Laden's head because he broke their laws, then surely Pakistan should be entitled to issue a bounty on top of the Video guy's head for breaking their infamous blasphemy laws.

No because Osama actively and intentfully broke laws in the country for the purpose of murdering.

Whereas the video guy hasn't broke any laws in the country where the actions took place.
Original post by rmpr97
No because Osama actively and intentfully broke laws in the country for the purpose of murdering.

What was the purpose of Osama's "big plan"?

Whereas the video guy hasn't broke any laws in the country where the actions took place.

Osama was in Afghanistan when 9/11 occurred. I'm pretty sure that there was no Afghan law that he did break yet a bounty was placed on his head.

The guy who made the video could be said to have broken no laws in his own country yet he could be guilty of breaking another country's law for which his film and himself should be held responsible and accordingly, a bounty has been placed on his head.

Osama was in Afghanistan when 9/11 occurred. I'm pretty sure that there was no Afghan law that he did break yet a bounty was placed on his head.

The guy who made the video could be said to have broken no laws in his own country yet he could be guilty of breaking another country's law for which his film and himself should be held responsible and accordingly, a bounty has been placed on his head.

You are just trolling.

Lets stop feeding this silly boy.

Reply 28

Are you just deliberately obtuse or just thick ... or indoctrinated that badly by your religion?

I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.
Original post by arichmond64
You are just trolling.

Lets stop feeding this silly boy.

Didn't I originally respond to your post but instead of trying to pick off my arguments, you tell others not to enter into discussions with me?
Original post by rmpr97
Are you just deliberately obtuse or just thick ... or indoctrinated that badly by your religion?

I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

Then please enlighten me as to where I was wrong.

1) The other poster (noisy06) has clearly pointed out Bin Laden was not charged etc etc yet you still assert that he "broke America's laws".

2) You try to cover up your inadequete response by attacking my intelligence (like archimond64) instead of trying to engage in an honest and open discussion where all my arguments are valid.

3) If you wish to carry on the discussion, then please reply to the actual pst. For your convenience, I'll re-post:

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 31
While I'm refraining to comment on his offer, I just did some research on him on the internet and found that he's (one of the very rich but) one of the most inefficient ministers and politicians in the country. Also there's elections coming up in that country so may be hes using it as an election stunt? Come on he knows that the blasphemer is in USA and there's no way anybody could get him so what's wrong with scoring a few political points and gain sympathies in the public's hearts?
Hmm.

So when the ol' US of A puts a bounty in Mr Bin Laden, we all accept it and congratulate the Seals on their success. Yet, when a guy in Pakistan puts out a bounty on someone, people are up in arms about it.

Sure, people will come back with replies like "different crimes etc" but why are people condeming his action if he has the "right to free speech" just like the guy that made that ridiculous parody.

Bin Laden was the leader of Al Qaeda and responsible for the deaths of thousands of people. So yes someone putting a bounty on his head is acceptable, not ideal but acceptable.

This minister saying he will pay $100,000 to have someone killed, is not protected by a right to free speech because the main part of free speech laws is that this right shall not be abused. Also saying you will pay for the death of someone who hasn't broken any laws is "conspiracy to commit murder", which guess what, is illegal and immoral.
Hmm.

Bin Laden, that we know of is responsible for the deaths of thousands of people.....

This dude made a video, in which you don't have to watch if you don't want to, its a video of opinion, who is he harming ?
Pakistan leading the way for diplomatic relations...
Original post by lilyobz
Hmmm, am sure all the above went to comprehensive schools, had no genetic advantage and had no overly pushy parents who would crush their childhood for unnecessary records.

1.) state education is horrible in Pakistan. Compared to that kind of school, your average regional comp looks like Eton.

2.) Genetic advantage, what?? If you mean, the parents are educated, well I hate to break it to you, but thats also how it works here (hence why middle-class parents usually want their kids to go to university, while its not such a priority for working class parents)

3.) Perhaps the enduring acceptability of mediocrity in this country explains more about us than about them.
Original post by Shabalala
This minister should be arrested if he isn't the the US should send in their own hitmen to take him out.

People can pretend all they like but far to many Muslims are taking part or condoning this violence this can't be swept under the carpet any longer Islam has a problem

I didn't know that a maximum of 0.007% of the world's Muslim population is a majority. Then I didn't get the grade I wanted in maths. Either that or you don't know what you're talking about

http://en.avaaz.org/783/muslim-rage-protests-newsweek-salafists?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social_media&utm_campaign=stop-the-clash

and if people keep denying it then it won't go away even the "peaceful protesters" are scum aswell have they not heard of freedom of speech

I love the irony here. You bring in the democratic right of freedom of speech, but you want to ban the democratic right of protesting, or certain groups protesting. Freedom of speech is allowed, but at the same time you can also protest against what is happening

Jesus/Buddha/Moses etc... are mocked all the time and people have the right to do that and not be arrested or killed. Anti Christian and Jewish propaganda is shown all the time in Middle Eastern countries

Proof that this happens ALL the time? Memri TV btw is not your best source. That's like me saying the US hates Muslims because Fox News says so

why are they up in arms when someone does they same to them. We need to stop giving into the demands they make, we need to stop treating them as a special case and stand up to the scumbags any Muslim who tries to attack or kill in the name of religion then they should receive no mercy or sympathy.

Most of the protests have simply been protests. Simple as that. You really need to expand your knowledge
Original post by The Patriot
A-levels and O-levels aren't signs that you're a genius. It's only a reflection of hard work. Can't comment on the others as I know nothing about Microsoft Professionals :L

The MS stuff is pretty much hard work as well, however I was definitely impressed that a 9 year old could do that. Most IT professionals will start to do that aged 16 at the very earliest and most would be in their 20's or 30's
I agree with you DBOU.

BUT, ministers etc are meant to represent their people. And in this case, most of their people probably support his actions , seeing as there were so many rioters :sigh:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Clare~Bear
I agree with you DBOU.

BUT, ministers etc are meant to represent their people. And in this case, most of their people probably support his actions :sigh:

Really? So when British MPs claimed false expenses that must have been a reflection of the whole British society then I suppose.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending