Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is to all you Cardiff guys. I didn't go to the Summer Ball last year, but I've been considering it this year because a few of my mates think it would be a laugh. Has anyone been in previous years? If so, what was it like?

The thing thats putting me off is the price £35 for a ticket which doesn't include food or drink, am I right? Plus there's the suit hire - seems like it would be rather pricey when we could hold a house party and buy loads of food and drink for the price of just one ticket!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe invest in a dinner jacket (£50 from slaters menswear). The ticket does seem a bit steep though...

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm it's all very nice (as long as it hasn't been raining recently) and you can definitely have a good time if you go in a big group, but I do think the tickets are over priced when you're effectively standing in a field and have no food and drink included like you said.

I won't be going this year, but if you're in the first year it is a nice way to finish the year off and have one last big night out with everyone in your flat, house etc before everyone goes off into their separate house groups in the second year and you may not all go out together as often.

ReputationRep:
    £35 a ticket? Pricey yeh...still, its gotta be done!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I think my friend has persuaded me to go. Still the house party idea is far more tempting - maybe i'll make it an after party. They better have some decent acts, alas it'll probably be more cheese. How do you top Tony Christie?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah we had a house party thing after the ball in my first year. It was good cause we kinda all got split up while we were there. That last week of the first year was soooooooooo good.

When are they gonna announce who's there? To be fair 911 were awesome last year as were GLC the year before.

ReputationRep:
    Certainly is a rip off!! But we do have Rachael Stevens and Simon Webbe! YAY!!!

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I am going *ha ha* I had to cos even though it's not my last year a lot of my friends are leaving *so sad* and they're all going ... and I got the most gorgeous dress today!! Woo ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalparadox)
    Maybe invest in a dinner jacket (£50 from slaters menswear). The ticket does seem a bit steep though...
    £50? I got mine for £5 (+£8 P&P) off eBay. I suggest you look there first!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.