Turn on thread page Beta

Mouth Organ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    From the last page of chapter 13, the half blood prince.

" 'The ring's gone,' said Harry, looking around. 'But I thought you might have the mouth-organ or something.'...................
    'Very astute, Harry, but the mouth-organ was only ever a mouth-organ.' "

Just wondered what this means, (I think he may be referring to the mouth-organ which young tom riddle stole from one of the other orphans.)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think that's what it is. I remember I was reading HBP for the first time sitting next to my friend who was reading it too, and we both went 'Ehh?' at the mouth organ thing. But yeah, thinking about it afterwards, I reckon it is the one Tom Riddle pinched, and is just pointing out that we need to be astute when it comes to objects that could be horcruxes

ReputationRep:
    hmmm......'the silver instrument' and the 'mouth organ', are they the same thing in the book??? because the silver instrument kind of helped Dumbledore to judge something when he observed the 'smoke' commnig out of it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robusty)
    hmmm......'the silver instrument' and the 'mouth organ', are they the same thing in the book??? because the silver instrument kind of helped Dumbledore to judge something when he observed the 'smoke' commnig out of it..
    No that's not the same thing. The silver instrument is in book 5 and is one of Dumbledore's many gadget thingies (though I hope we do find out the meaning behind what we saw in the smoke), and the mouth organ is in book 6, and is just a mouth organ that Tom Riddle once pinched (at least, that's what Ddore said... perhaps we'll see more of it!) But I don't think they're the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    But why would Harry expect Dumbledore to have the mouth organ? He doesn'y yet know about horcruxes, so surely he would have expected it to be returned to the kid that boy riddle stole it from (after Dumbledore told him to)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princess peach)
    But why would Harry expect Dumbledore to have the mouth organ? He doesn'y yet know about horcruxes, so surely he would have expected it to be returned to the kid that boy riddle stole it from (after Dumbledore told him to)
    I know, I think that's why I was confused to start with...

hmm!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.