The Student Room Group

Chemical engineering at IMPERIAL! UCAS FORM HELP?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wibletg
I know it says A*AAA or A*A*A offer but they were giving out A*A*AA offers last year for ChemEng :smile:

How was the interview at Imperial compared to the interview at Cambridge? Do you have any tips to prepare for interviews at either institution? :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by gandanmo
Hi guys :smile: im appling to imperial, for mechanical engineering (yes i know not chemical haha) my AS grades were terrible, BBD and i also retook a year, the grades are mainly due to very bad family situations, my teachers understand and have predicted me A*AA in maths, physics and chemistry respectivly. i was wondering if i have any chance ? thanks soo much to who ever answers !!!!!!

You took two years to get the AS grades BBD?
You realise they'll have more people than places applying who got AAA first time round.
Reply 22
Original post by coolstorybrother
How was the interview at Imperial compared to the interview at Cambridge? Do you have any tips to prepare for interviews at either institution? :smile:

Imperial was far more about my personal statement and other EC's than Cambridge, though I did read over my subject notes for both interviews.

For Imperial, read over your PS and be prepared for questions about yourself.

For Cambridge, read over your PS, but concentrate on your subject notes, etc.
Hi guys, I'm considering applying to imperial but I'm not sure if I'd get an offer since I don't do physics (at AS or A2) nor do I do further maths. I'm doing maths, chemistry, human biology and psychology at A2. :/ should I apply?? I know I'll be at a disadvantage since other candidates do physics and also further maths, but will I be straight out rejected?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 24
http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/ugprospectus/facultiesanddepartments/chemicalengineering/entryrequirements
There not required so why not try as long as you've got some safe options.
Reply 25
Original post by Hilogogo360
Hi guys, I'm considering applying to imperial but I'm not sure if I'd get an offer since I don't do physics (at AS or A2) nor do I do further maths. I'm doing maths, chemistry, human biology and psychology at A2. :/ should I apply?? I know I'll be at a disadvantage since other candidates do physics and also further maths, but will I be straight out rejected?

Email their admissions to find out if human biology or psychology count as a relevant 3rd subject because as far as I know biology physics further maths and economics are the relevant ones they mentioned.

Original post by wibletg
Imperial was far more about my personal statement and other EC's than Cambridge, though I did read over my subject notes for both interviews.

For Imperial, read over your PS and be prepared for questions about yourself.

For Cambridge, read over your PS, but concentrate on your subject notes, etc.

cool thanks a lot - appreciate the help :smile:

so just to be crystal clear, you were not asked any academic/technical questions at Imperial?
Reply 27
cool thanks a lot - appreciate the help :smile:

so just to be crystal clear, you were not asked any academic/technical questions at Imperial?

One or two but nothing difficult - neutralisation reactions and stuff :smile:

Of course, I'd just read over your course stuff briefly but I wouldn't bother going into TOO much detail :smile:
Original post by wibletg
One or two but nothing difficult - neutralisation reactions and stuff :smile:

Of course, I'd just read over your course stuff briefly but I wouldn't bother going into TOO much detail :smile:

seems a lot less stressful than Cambridge :L Although not really mentioned by Imperial, do you have to wear a suit for the interview? I understand that for job interviews it's pretty much standard to wear a suit but did you/most people wear a suit for your Imperial interview?
Reply 29
seems a lot less stressful than Cambridge :L Although not really mentioned by Imperial, do you have to wear a suit for the interview? I understand that for job interviews it's pretty much standard to wear a suit but did you/most people wear a suit for your Imperial interview?

Most people did, I didn't.
Original post by wibletg
Most people did, I didn't.

Fair enough :smile: I guess ultimately it doesn't matter... if they want you, they'll take you regardless of what you wear (within reason of course :biggrin: ) How quickly do they notify you that your have an offer, after you interview?
Reply 31
Fair enough :smile: I guess ultimately it doesn't matter... if they want you, they'll take you regardless of what you wear (within reason of course :biggrin: ) How quickly do they notify you that your have an offer, after you interview?

I only got the letter like a week before my Cambridge offer letter. Which was irritating because I had the interview for Imperial 2 weeks before Cambridge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending