The Student Room Group

Do you think it will snow this year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
[INDENT]bump[/INDENT]
Reply 21
I don't think that the weather is something you can debate or put up for discussion...

TSR is not the Met Office.
As long as we get some extreme weather I'll be happy. Love me some extreme weather (except when it causes fatalities of course)
Why not?
Original post by moonkatt
A light sprinkling of snow is all that takes to shut this country down. Even when it's been forecast and we're expecting it.

"It will snow tomorrow, heavy weather warnings"

"Guys, the weatherman says it'll snow tomorrow!"

"Omg, snow tomorrow! #snowsnow"

*12 hours later*

"ohhh ****, my car's frozen"
Reply 25
I hope it doesn't. I hate the cold and although it looks pretty at first it only becomes a horrible sludgy brown once people have been through it......

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
not at my place dude it looks lovely on the trees
Reply 27
I want it to but don't want it to at the same time.
If it does, I might get the day off
If it doesn't, I don't have trouble getting anywhere.
I wouldn't mind a little as long as it's actually around Christmas. Any other time and for more than a day then it starts to mess with public transport meaning my journey to work is extended more so. Which isn't good.
I would love it to snow! Better than it raining, but maybe closer to november/december time! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It can snow anywhere but Cheam! :eek:
I need to get my A-level grades!
Found this guys and thought it might interest you: Click here!
They look quite fun!
Hopefully not, hate snow.
Original post by RandomPeopleDancin
Found this guys and thought it might interest you: Click here!
They look quite fun!

Interesting..
Reply 34
Original post by Aramiss18
As long as we get some extreme weather I'll be happy. Love me some extreme weather (except when it causes fatalities of course)

couldnt agree more!
If it snows we should all get one of theses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9WN6Q7qqMU
Original post by AkaJetson
Interesting..

Indeed! But where to get them....hmmmmmm.
This year will be the first for a long time that I won't be stressed out by snow. I work from home now so no worries about having to get there or anything. Last year I commuted to uni and had to get a 6am bus from home, then the 6.30 train to uni then a very long walk. Other than the obvious issues with the public transport giving up in bad weather (especially around here as I live in a little village) the fact is that the walk from the station to uni just wasn't safe when it was icy. None of the roads were gritted. So basically on snowy days there was no point me even trying, as I already got the earliest bus from home and I'd be an hour late usually. This was pretty rubbish last year when it was icy for several weeks at once, I ended up staying with a friend just so that I can get in.

Rant over.

Point being, this year I can sit inside doing my work with a cuppa looking at the snow and just thinking "ahh how pretty". From a purely selfish point of view, of course.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
This year will be the first for a long time that I won't be stressed out by snow. I work from home now so no worries about having to get there or anything. Last year I commuted to uni and had to get a 6am bus from home, then the 6.30 train to uni then a very long walk. Other than the obvious issues with the public transport giving up in bad weather (especially around here as I live in a little village) the fact is that the walk from the station to uni just wasn't safe when it was icy. None of the roads were gritted. So basically on snowy days there was no point me even trying, as I already got the earliest bus from home and I'd be an hour late usually. This was pretty rubbish last year when it was icy for several weeks at once, I ended up staying with a friend just so that I can get in.

Rant over.

Point being, this year I can sit inside doing my work with a cuppa looking at the snow and just thinking "ahh how pretty". From a purely selfish point of view, of course.

*Dreams* If only I could do this! Oh you are a teaser. I'll have to trudge through snow for over a mile again if they cancel the bus to school like they've done before...only to find school is closed! :eek:
This will be one of the colder winters for UK. Global warming-mania is over, most forecasts for global cooling accurately predicted this nice flood filled summer we had.

So yes, most meterologists are expecting snow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending