The Student Room Group

do i make a move?

hi peeps,

first of all i apologise if this turns out to be a long boring thread for you to read:rolleyes:

okay,,so i got to know this girl-d last year...i originally wanted to get to know her mate better, girl-s, as i fancied her.

but over the months ive got to chat to girl d, and she is really nice..and a couple of times i tihnk we have flirted eg, her stroking my knee while i was in shorts, her caressing my ear while i was driving??also the accidental touching when we playfight...she treats on my toes if shes walking past me..etc...one nice sign i tihnk was when i went down to sit next te her and chat on a bench, and i could feel my leg touching on hers...but neither of us made an effort to move them apart??may be im reading too much into things..

so ive been trying to get inforamtion out of her as to how she seems me..

like i ask her if she fancies anyone at the moment..she said no..:rolleyes: (ive probably misread the signals)

i then ask her about who she enjoys talking to..and delibrately slid a guy mate of hers in....she said, " its kinda awkward talking to him cause, theres awkward sliences, not like with you..we talk and when i get off the phone i dont realise how long weve talked"

ive kinda been geeing myself up to take te plunge and tell her how i feel about her...because thats the only way its going to sotp me thinking about her right?

i think ive givein her clues, like i rang her two weeks ago, two nights on the trot, just to "talk to her" i told her that..

anyways enough from me for now cause im sure your bored reading this nnow:rolleyes: and my mind has gone blank..sorry if it doesnt totally make sense, but i was just typing off the top off my head....

thanks
Reply 1
It defo does sound like she's flirting with you, but maybe not as she answered 'no' when you asked her if she liked anyone. I think you should tell her how you feel but mention that if she doesn't feel the same way you'd be happy to be friends so that things aren't awkward between you. Or, you could try kissing her (not when intoxicated) and she may realize that she likes you if she wasn't thinkin about u in that way before.
Reply 2
Tell her simple as that.
There is no real reason why no as it seems she feels comfortable with you anyway and even if she does not like you just say ill get over it :smile:
Tell her and your mind will also be at rest and btw the list of flirting could be very good indeed she really likes you just not sure as a friend or more only one way to find out ...
Reply 3
thanks for the reply chrissy...:smile:

ill try to give you more info...

i text her like two weeks ago..in te morning..like a morning text really..she didnt text back..i thought "strange" but i left her to it as she had interviews coming up for uni( maybe a reason why i shouldnt go there?as shell be a 2hour drive away?if we got together)

so i left her to it as she was prob occupied..and then she text yest and said"are your upset with me?why are you not talking to me?"

to throw another spanner into the works..you know i was refering to girl s? well i did actually fancy her in the beginning..its wierd cause when i see girls s and start talking/ flirting to her..i think "man i fancy you"...same goes for girl d...though i find it more comfortable to talk to girl d on the phone than girl s.....

thanks for reading and replying..i just wanted to get it all off my chest..thanks
Reply 4
Lol I guess you've given up on the anonymity. Which girl (if any) do you think likes you? I think you should go for the girl that you can talk to (girl d) because if you want to be in a relationship, finding her attractive and being able to be friends are both important.
Reply 5
damn..i just havent woke up yet...:rolleyes:

promise you wont tell anyone chrissy?opur little secret?:p:

okay im being honest now..it is true i fancied girl s on look alone at first..but then when i got to chat to get shes great aswell!

but girl d..way she laughs..giggles when i chat to her..its quite endearing..really enjoy her company..to the extent i "tink" i miss chatting to her. hence the reason why i ring two nights in a row "just to talk to her" is that a sign i like her? iknow im the only one that can answer that..but im torn...

another thing is if i do indeed decide to tell girl d that i like her and she doesnt feel the same, i dont think i could talk/face her again..sound harsh huh? but i would feel really awkward...

*remembers to tick the anon box*
Reply 6
chrissy,

ithink both girls like me? but then knowing me ive probabaly misread the signals...:rolleyes:

girls s...well i think were a lot more flirtatious..like we do stoopid things( come to think of it, its quite embaressing:redface: ) like i had finished eating a chocolate bar..had the wrapper..tried to stuff te wrapper down her jacket..she notices it..then tries to stuff it down me...she does wierd things also..like tryin to write on my arm in biro..
Reply 7
Perhaps flirting with her male friends is part of her very nature?
Reply 8
ive thought about that...

butthen when i see her with her other male mates..she doesnt seem the same as when she "flirts" with me..

thanks for your views:smile:
Reply 9
Anonymous
damn..i just havent woke up yet...:rolleyes:

promise you wont tell anyone chrissy?opur little secret?:p:

okay im being honest now..it is true i fancied girl s on look alone at first..but then when i got to chat to get shes great aswell!

but girl d..way she laughs..giggles when i chat to her..its quite endearing..really enjoy her company..to the extent i "tink" i miss chatting to her. hence the reason why i ring two nights in a row "just to talk to her" is that a sign i like her? iknow im the only one that can answer that..but im torn...

another thing is if i do indeed decide to tell girl d that i like her and she doesnt feel the same, i dont think i could talk/face her again..sound harsh huh? but i would feel really awkward...

*remembers to tick the anon box*

Course! I think you gotta pick one cause girls like to feel special and if your flirting with both girls neither one will really pick up on your signals they'll just think your a 'flirty' guy. I think you should go for girl d and tell her how you feel and if you r good freinds then you would be able to talk to her again. Good luck :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending