The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
thenaughtyjoker
Wahey!.. a samba dancer! I play samba percussion, mainly caxia/rep!.. we should definitely start up a society!

we should definately start up a society! Where did you learn to play?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Sambista voce fala portuguese, Amazmo! Estou brazieleira

Desculpe Eu nao escreve portuguese miuto bom.

Come es va?
Reply 202
dangerousdanp

Come es va?

nao, eu nao sou brasileira mas o ultimo ano eu passo tres meses la. Meu namorado e brasileiro.
Reply 203
dangerousdanp

Come es va?

voce fica no Rio agora?
Im learning portuguese at the mo. Sussex doesnt seam to have any coarses or lessons, was wondering if you speak portuguese well enough i need someone to practice with because i frequently make and still cant role my R´s!
JayC
from your description it seem as though it's very close to cultural studies...

Well it is the father of cultural studies. Anthropology came first, and is slightly more specific...
Reply 206
dangerousdanp
Im learning portuguese at the mo. Sussex doesnt seam to have any coarses or lessons, was wondering if you speak portuguese well enough i need someone to practice with because i frequently make and still cant role my R´s!

my Portuguese really isn't that great. I can only speak in the present tense! I'd love to learn properly though. We could learn together!
sambista
voce fica no Rio agora?

Sim, eu fico no Rio, Eu vo de Ipenema a tarde, Esta uma fiesta!
Reply 208
JayC
from your description it seem as though it's very close to cultural studies...

"anthropology is philosophy with people in" Tim Ingold.
Reply 209
dangerousdanp
Sim, eu fico no Rio, Eu vo de Ipenema a tarde, Esta uma fiesta!

Ah Ipanema, I bet you've visited the Hippie Market? Go to Lapa District, there's supposed to be some great clubs there.
sambista
my Portuguese really isn't that great. I can only speak in the present tense! I'd love to learn properly though. We could learn together!

I can just anout manage present tense, ah brazilian boyfriend, I love the women here! Very er... Libro!

I can speak a litle pst tense in first person you add an i rather than an o. but my spelling i appauling, So you stayed in brazil, where, i have been in salvador gfor 2 weeks anmd spent two weeks in the north east of Brazil and am loving it.

Wish i spoke more protuguese though my chat up line conists of voce e muito Atraente. Eu gostario de Begar voci.

Roughly your very attractive i would like to kiss you?

Im not sure if they understand but they like my British accent attempting portuguese, either that or im just amazing attractive.

I am travelling until the 14th of september plenty more fiestas to go to in brazil yet.
sambista
Ah Ipanema, I bet you've visited the Hippie Market? Go to Lapa District, there's supposed to be some great clubs there.

I only got here tonight so am going to Maracema stadium tomorow and more sightseeing on Monday then i can just sit on Ipenema and watch the girls go by!
Reply 212
:biggrin: :biggrin: [QUOTE="ledge"]
lcharles8

Well im not that way inclined but Kemptown seems to be the place to be for any LBGT happenings. I went to Pride festival last weekend (did you go?) in Preston Park....it was fatter than I possibly thought it could be...tens of thousands of ppl and a true mini festival minutes from the centre of Brighton great laugh whether you're straight gay bi whatever.

There's loads of club nights...and free parties...especially on the beach and around devil's dyke. They're fun whatever you're into.

I am into my real ale...call me an old giffer if you like...and I would particularly recommend the Evening Star which is just a minute's walk from the mainline station. Amazing beer and one of the cheapest pints in B'ton too:smile:

cuwl cuwl, nah i didnt make it to pride was on me hols, but iv heard it was pretty red!!

If I was to pick a negative...I love my techno and electro.....I have to go to London for that really:frown:
sambista
we should definately start up a society! Where did you learn to play?

I've played samba percussion for about a year and a half after my drum kit teacher recommended me to Samba Sulis! I'm having to temporarily leave the band to come to sussex, but with the band i have lead/taught/played in carnivals/street parades/concerts and we've toured alot around the South West (including Glastonbury!), collaborating with some very sexy samba dancers!

Apparantly Brighton has one of the largest samba bands around?..me thinks that us samba enthusiasts definitely have to join!.. or better still, create our our own samba band/dancing collective :wink: :yy:
Reply 214
dangerousdanp
I only got here tonight so am going to Maracema stadium tomorow and more sightseeing on Monday then i can just sit on Ipenema and watch the girls go by!

i think it's unfair to say that Brazilian girls are easy- huge generalization.
Ok, if i said to a girl in england you are beutiful can i kiss i would get a slp but it is the standerd chat up line in brazil, i would also like to point out that the men a very free also. I think there is truth in my statement tho it doesnt apply to all brazilan women!
Reply 216
dangerousdanp
Ok, if i said to a girl in england you are beutiful can i kiss i would get a slp but it is the standerd chat up line in brazil, i would also like to point out that the men a very free also. I think there is truth in my statement tho it doesnt apply to all brazilan women!

there is truth in your statement but it can be applied to ANY society.
Maybe it's just the places that your going to, when I was in Brazil I didn't experience many 'free' women or that many men for that matter. Infact the majority of youths were in very serious relationships or already married.
ledge

I am into my real ale...call me an old giffer if you like...and I would particularly recommend the Evening Star which is just a minute's walk from the mainline station. Amazing beer and one of the cheapest pints in B'ton too:smile:

Hurrah, the evening star rules! I like real ale too. Especially with a nice cigar.

Do you think Sussex is ready for a Real Ale society? :biggrin: (Or have I had too many pints of IPA today?)
Reply 218
ladyportacabin
Do you think Sussex is ready for a Real Ale society? :biggrin: (Or have I had too many pints of IPA today?)

I know i'd join.
CAMRA festival over here soon :biggrin:
Reply 219
redluc
I know i'd join.

Seconded :biggrin:

Check out Dark Star Brewery when you get to Brighton...quality local beer

Latest