The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

You're on!

It's good living in Herts, CAMRA are based nearby and are always having real ale festivals and tastings. Right, so our society so far consists of us sitting in the Evening Star once a week drinking then? Sounds like fun! Maybe we can get funding for it.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 221
Yeah it looks like the Sussex Ale Appreciation society is forming as we speak :smile:
Reply 222
ew ale. I've only had it once at last year's local beer festival, they've got loads of different types. I was not a fan.
That's ok Squirly, we'll get you a nice alcopop. :wink:
Reply 224
squirly
ew ale. I've only had it once at last year's local beer festival, they've got loads of different types. I was not a fan.

If you try enough of the ales you'll find one you enjoy.

Adnam's Broadside is gorgeous.
Would I be allowed to join your society even though I have never tried real ale? :biggrin: I want to try it but feel I would like some expert help and guidance :p: I wouldn't want to try the wrong one :O
Reply 226
ladyportacabin
That's ok Squirly, we'll get you a nice alcopop. :wink:

urgh, despite being marginally better those are awful too. I'm a fussy drinker :p: bottle of vodka for me I think!
Reply 227
soulofanewmachine
Would I be allowed to join your society even though I have never tried real ale? :biggrin: I want to try it but feel I would like some expert help and guidance :p: I wouldn't want to try the wrong one :O

Just stay away from liquid lobotomy and orkney skullsplitter :biggrin:

It's better to start with a paler ale and make your way onto the darker ales - some, such as Black mass will not appeal to the first time ale drinker.
Reply 228
Agreed...paler ales are the right way to start on ale. I love a really strong dark malty one although ive got to be in the right mood for it. On the other hand id never turn down a pint of Landlord :smile:
Reply 229
redluc
If you try enough of the ales you'll find one you enjoy.

Adnam's Broadside is gorgeous.

Yeah i was drinking that yesterday...VERY tasty...Waggon & Horses in Brighton town centre...you can make a note of that :wink:
Pale Ale! Teehee! :redface: I am sorry.

Squirly
bottle of vodka for me I think!

Ar, a girl after me own heart :biggrin: Having said that, I have drunk so much vodka in the past that nowadays it hardly has any effect on me at all. Which is slightly disappointing. And worrying :rolleyes:
Reply 231
ledge
Yeah i was drinking that yesterday...VERY tasty...Waggon & Horses in Brighton town centre...you can make a note of that :wink:

Hero.

On a lager related note, does anywhere sell Jupiler?
Reply 232
Ah well I've not been drinking all summer in an attempt to turn myself into a 1drink a night girl. I'm a lightweight as it is but if I can make myself even more so then I shouldn't be spending too much come freshers :biggrin:
Reply 233
Yeah im not much of a ten pints a night man either tbh. Quality rather than quantity

I might have a few more than one though :p:
Reply 234
Well I can hope! I'm usually a 3 or 4 and drunk girl but I'd like to be less! :p:
Reply 235
Well i suppose it saves you money...

and time :smile:
squirly
Ah well I've not been drinking all summer in an attempt to turn myself into a 1drink a night girl. I'm a lightweight as it is but if I can make myself even more so then I shouldn't be spending too much come freshers :biggrin:

Or you will be plastered very quickly.
Reply 237
I'm such a lightweight these days, cut 20 pounds of weight at the beginning of summer and now i can't drink for pennies.
When I go out I do try to behave as if I'm NOT just trying to get as drunk as possible as quickly as possible ...

... it doesn't always work out like that though.
Reply 239
Hey all!

Sooo late on here. Crikey. I found out today (blinkin' IB) that I'll be at Sussex this year! Hurrah. My name's Nat, I'm still only 17 (FOUR DAYS til I'm not, hurrah), and I'll be doing French, Spanish and Anthropology. I can't wait to go now, but I'm pretty nervous. However, I can cook a mean spaghetti bolognese (even a veggie version) (none of that jar stuff) so everyone is invited to mine for tea one night :biggrin: heehee.

Good luck for tomorrow :smile:

Latest