The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Jemima13
How do! I'm Leanne, I'm 19 and I'm going to be studying English in September. I've applied for Lewes Court phase 1 but I kinda like the sound of East Slope now! I'm vegetarian (student cliche!) and I LOVE going to gigs, I'm going to Download Festival very soon, which is gonna be fun. Has anyone else taken a gap year? I'm a bit worried about being a older than everyone! xxx

Hey Leanne, I wouldn't worry about being older, I am 20 now and will be turning 21 only a few of weeks into starting at Sussex. I don't know whether that makes me a mature student or not but it doesn't seem to matter at uni. One of the reasons I like Sussex compared to some of the other places I applied to was that It appears to have healthy percentage of of mature students. I looked on their website at some sort of pie chart thing and there were as many students age 19 as there were 18 and the 20 - 25s weren't too far behind so I don't think you'll be alone at all!

P.S. I am a veggie too :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Jemima13
How do! I'm Leanne, I'm 19 and I'm going to be studying English in September. I've applied for Lewes Court phase 1 but I kinda like the sound of East Slope now! I'm vegetarian (student cliche!) and I LOVE going to gigs, I'm going to Download Festival very soon, which is gonna be fun. Has anyone else taken a gap year? I'm a bit worried about being a older than everyone! xxx

Hello Leanne! I am really very jealous, I went to Download 2005 and it was the best three days of my life, ever, and all my friends are going this year, but I can't because I have an English Literature exam on the Monday :frown:

And, the real point to my reply, I wouldn't worry about being older. I'm 17, and it seems to me that looooads of people have taken a year out, or are just older. I'm worried about being younger than everyone else!
Reply 62
zoea85
Hey Leanne, I wouldn't worry about being older, I am 20 now and will be turning 21 only a few of weeks into starting at Sussex. I don't know whether that makes me a mature student or not but it doesn't seem to matter at uni. One of the reasons I like Sussex compared to some of the other places I applied to was that It appears to have healthy percentage of of mature students. I looked on their website at some sort of pie chart thing and there were as many students age 19 as there were 18 and the 20 - 25s weren't too far behind so I don't think you'll be alone at all!

P.S. I am a veggie too :smile:

There's obviously the bulk of any students at any uni who are about 18/19 when coming in to uni. Though, I've found on my course a lot of people are 23/24 yet you couldn't even tell. It really makes no difference as you have a great laugh anyways.
I'm part of the bulk of 18-year-olds but some of my closest friends are 30+ so i really wouldn't worry about it :smile:
Jemima13

I'm just finishing my first year and at 21 am definitely not the oldest. Most people are 19, but there are quite a few in my halls who are mid/late twenties.
Reply 65
Hello! I'm Leila, and might be studying Law at Cardiff, but if not at Sussex! Urm, I like singing and dancing and stuff!lol
Reply 66
Hurray for vegetarianism!!
Hi guys, sorry if you feel this is the wrong thread to be posting this in but I couldn't find anywhere better... :rolleyes:

Just letting you know how small a world this really is, my Father just returned from a golfing weekend with his friends and he met a man there also golfing with his friends. Anyway, they got chatting and my Dad mentioned that his daughter would be starting at Sussex Uni in September (hopefully!) and this man was like- no way, I lecture there!!! :eek: His name is Emmet Hayes and he teaches something like marketing if that means anything to anyone??

He seemed to really love the University and only had good things to say about it so this has got me even more exited about coming here now, just have to work hard to get those grades!!! :smile:
Haha, my cab driver the other day did her BA in exactly the same subject as me, at Sussex, then went on to do her MA and DPhil at Sussex. She taught one of my lecture tutors back in the day!

It's a small world indeed.
Reply 69
Why is she driving a cab with all those qualifications?! :eek:
squirly
Why is she driving a cab with all those qualifications?! :eek:

Personal reasons meaning she needs to be free to drop everything at any point.

That, and, hey, maybe she LIKES being a cabbie.
Reply 71
Hey, Jimster are you there? Did you see that they changed the thread for your question?
Reply 72
Ankan
Hey, Jimster are you there? Did you see that they changed the thread for your question?

Heeej Annis!!:biggrin:
Yes, I know, just noticed that...:p: But no one had written anything about it yet. Let me know ihow it turns out...:rolleyes:
Reply 73
Wiicked
Heeej Annis!!:biggrin:
Yes, I know, just noticed that...:p: But no one had written anything about it yet. Let me know ihow it turns out...:rolleyes:

Ohhh, seriously mate why don't you check it out yourself?
:p:
Reply 74
Ankan
Ohhh, seriously mate why don't you check it out yourself?
:p:

Nej, du bara skrev att jag var värsta elak ju :*((--- suck....haha, fan, nu kommer ju ingen svara min fråga...oj, :eek: borde kanske skriva engelska ....
Honestly, I think we should call it a truce with our battle between the uni's since Bev seem to like both of our choices :biggrin: :biggrin:
Please stick to English in the forums (except things like the International Lounge). We need to be able to moderate, and I don't speak Swedish.

Yet.

Cheers :biggrin:
Reply 76
dogtanian
Please stick to English in the forums (except things like the International Lounge). We need to be able to moderate, and I don't speak Swedish.

Yet.

Cheers :biggrin:

Well, when you decide that Swedish is the language for you, I'm sure that Wiicked will agree to teach you :biggrin: Than you can join in our debate about who's right, Wiicked or I.

Until then I (at least) promise to keep it totally Swedish free..:biggrin:

And Wiicked of course we call a truce..
More small worldness, I found out my Boyfriend's Aunt did Anthropolgy at Sussex many, many years ago. Apparently it was all little campuses back then?
Apparently it was just Sussex house or Mandela House or one of the houses near the front of campus for a couple of years. Like, everything in one building..
Mecha Master
Hi my name's Thomas, I'm 18 and I'll be studying Multimedia and Digital Systems if I meet the offer conditions of BBB or 300 points. :smile:

I love gaming and I also love going to gigs as I saw Anthrax last Sunday and Dream Theater back in October and I'm going to see Alter Bridge in June. :biggrin:

Hey dude, thats great, your gonna love it at sussex - I'm sure your get in, I had less UCAS points and they let me in anyway. :redface:) I'm studying Internet Computing. I see all those people on MDS doing all there cool stuff and get all jealous lol.

Latest