Whey protein- Your views Watch

3xhilaration
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
whey protein is not just for bodybuilders/weightlifters, whey protein is a supplement that can be used by anybody who requires extra protein in their diet due to not already consuming enough protein (due to a hectic lifestlye, not eating meat.. whatever the reason), it always can be used as a convenient snack or meal replacement for people with no time to eat proper meals..

in your case the only reason you should consume whey protein would be if your current diet is lacking in protein, you do not require it for any peformance gains (unless you want to build muscle, if you were a sprinter for example)
Redefined
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Bis)
do you actually have any idea what you are on about? you make it sound like whey is some extreme drug. hate to break it to you, but you probably take it everyday without supplementation.
well i'll admit to not putting it over correctly. Whey is a by product of the manufacturing of cheese from cows milk and seeing as though I don't drink milk or eat cheese, i hate to break it to you, I don't take it everyday.

But i stick with what i said - Whey is used to rebuild muscles (ok mainly for that) I wouldn't say it would be much use to a runner.
Redefined
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by 3xhilaration)
whey protein is a supplement that can be used by anybody who requires extra protein in their diet due to not already consuming enough protein.
This reminds me. Whey protein is not the same protein you get from meat and that is what I meant by "It's not normal protien".
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by law:portal)
well i'll admit to not putting it over correctly. Whey is a by product of the manufacturing of cheese from cows milk and seeing as though I don't drink milk or eat cheese, i hate to break it to you, I don't take it everyday.

But i stick with what i said - Whey is used to rebuild muscles (ok mainly for that) I wouldn't say it would be much use to a runner.
look - you obviously have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. if you think cheese is the only thing with whey in it then you are a complete twit.

whey is used for so many other things. weight management and cardiovascular work is included in that.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Doesn't chocolate have whey in it?
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yep, and pretty much everything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (101)
19.65%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (210)
40.86%
Nope, not that interesting (203)
39.49%

Watched Threads