The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Well with only 2 month to go then say u held out for a long time and decided u got close enough.
Also sorry bf but ur 21 tell your dad its not up to him anyway when you guys have sex.
Don't worry about they don't have any grounds to be so mad and if they say u can't come back they are completly over reacting but say ok i won't go.
They will have to understand its a decision you guys have made and its personal.
As you are both old enough there is nothing they can do.

(or change the topic buy saying ur having sex to get over your junk addiction) they might forget about it then.
Anonymous
Well not really, we did promise. He just went down again and asked his parents to reconsider. He said his mum was crying.

ah...
Reply 22
Anonymous
Well not really, we did promise. He just went down again and asked his parents to reconsider. He said his mum was crying.

Crying? Oh my word - talk about overreacting. It would be slightly more understandable if it had been your parents and they were upset that their little girl had been having sex - but I have never known the parents of a 21 year old male be upset about this sort of thing.

You have been together 3 years - they must expect it!
Reply 23
Anonymous

why don't you go down there with him and discuss it like adults? Maybe the two of you together will be able to get them to calm down and see sense.. You're nearly 18 now already anyway..
Reply 24
the are strict christians, and my boyfreind isnt but they are okay with that (i have no idea why) which is why we promised. I would climb out of the window, if i wasnt in the loft (they converted the HUGE loft into a bedroom for him its sooo cool)
Anonymous
the are strict christians, and my boyfreind isnt but they are okay with that (i have no idea why) which is why we promised. I would climb out of the window, if i wasnt in the loft (they converted the HUGE loft into a bedroom for him its sooo cool)

Well they're unlikely to go out again while you're still in the house, so you are just going to have to go downstairs and either talk to them or walk out, however excruciating it may be :redface:
Reply 26
Anonymous

eek..looks like you're going to have to have a sit-down talk with them. just emphasies the point about how it's legal and that you're only 2 months shy of 18 and (providing you are) about how you're soon going off to uni etc. basically just draw on your maturity and that you're not just a silly little girl.

another option is that you could be honest and say that you've been doing it longer than you know...not too sure about that but it would give more honesty value..

tricky situation:confused:

regards
--marty
Reply 27
Anonymous

You need to face them sooner or later - you can't stay in his bedroom forever so you might as well just go and speak to them. Explain your side of the story! I think it's great that you waited two years until you were 17 to have sex - that's an accomplishment in itself for 2 people in a relationship.
Just explain this to them - to be fair there isn't much different between 17 and 10 months of age and 18 years!
Reply 28
if they have accepted the fact that your boyfriend isnt a strict chrtistian then the should accept that fact that he has the right to his own beliefs and therefore can act as he wishes. id say they have more of a reason to be embarassed than you because they are making the both of you feel bad for something you have absolutely and legally every right to do.
Reply 29
Okay, im ging to go and talk to them with my boyfriend. ill post what happens...(if im still alive)
Sounds like you've got yourself one hell of a mummy's boy there. For a start he should be looking to move out, and if he's 21 and is willing to accept his mum saying that you can't ever come back to his house then he's a bit weird IMO.
Anonymous
Okay, im ging to go and talk to them with my boyfriend. ill post what happens...(if im still alive)

good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 32
go down there walk up to his dad and say come and take the other end.
Reply 33
why is she crying?
im sure you both good looking enough whats the big fuss for lol.
sorry but really its not a negative thing at all.
Try saying u knew that it meant alot to them so did not want to inform them of your decision but you are old enough to make that choice. You were just trying to keep them in the dark so not to hurt their feelings on the issue.
Reply 34
Highlander

:rofl:

a rather unorthodox approach there...!

regards
--marty
Highlander

:rofl:
Anonymous

best of luck :hugs:
Reply 37
His parents need a good slapping.
Reply 38
olliemccowan
Sounds like you've got yourself one hell of a mummy's boy there. For a start he should be looking to move out, and if he's 21 and is willing to accept his mum saying that you can't ever come back to his house then he's a bit weird IMO.

He is very close to her, she babys him a lot, when we first started going out she made sure HE was in at certain times. He is an only child, so its easy t understand. Well, here i go...
(i had to wait for my boyfriend to calm down)
Just leave, don't discuss it with them. They're his parents not yours...and contradictory to what they seem to think you haven't done anything horrific to them. You had sex with your boyfriend, you're both legal and are in a long term relationship.

Latest

Trending

Trending