The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
it's really sad that his parents are willing to lose their son over something as casual as sex..
Reply 81
Your parents sound really understanding :smile:

Anyway good luck and let us know what happens!
Reply 82
Cool beans, tis good to hear :smile:
Reply 83
hi this is the boyfriend (or mummys boy as some of you have put it. i admit, i am, but thats is going to change) My girlfriend is asleep in my bed. Im really worried about her, she is so upset about all of this, i mean its great that we are moving in together but i don want to lose my parents, i love them as well. I dont understand why my parents are acting like this, its totally out of charater. i honestly dont know what my parents are going to say next, when we originally confronted them about us having sex, they said we had to wait till we got married, but then they thought about it and said when she was 18. I feel so bad now because ive betrayed my parents, it wa bad enough when i told them i wasnt a cristian anymore. The thing is, im going to, well was going to, propse on her 18th birthday, because my parents really like her and agreed to it (i discussed this with them about 4 months ago) now i dont know if they will, and i dont want to marry someone without thier approvel, i coudnt bare i if they werent there...(Yes i know, mummys boy, but u have to understand my parents couldnt have children, well they thought they couldnt, then i came along, so they treat me as if im made of glass) i just dont know what to do...
Reply 84
I think your parents might just need a bit of time to let it all sink in and mull over what's gone off, they'll hopefully realise that maybe they were trying to exercise too much control on you :smile: And if you want it to be a surprise it might not've been so good to write it there :wink:
Reply 85

You cant do it now, she knows about it:p:
Reply 86
Is there a window you can climb out?

edit: who is who in this thread? :s:
Reply 87
kirstinx

You cant do it now, she knows about it:p:

No she doesnt, shes still asleep...And like i said, i dont know if i should now?
awww sorry to hear what happened! I think indeed your parents need to time..it was a big shock for them! Just talk to them and explain everything..I mean the can't stay angry about it forever! just give them time!
wow...that seems like quite a day you've had

:eek:

glad things seem to be working out. his parents must be amazingly religious. i can undertsand house rules (i abide by them when i'm back hom-though i think my parents reasonsing is that i have 3 younger siblings-tho they used to let me stay in a hotel with my ex), but i think it was probably made worse for your by their strict beliefs. crazy stuff
Reply 90
I think you should get your own account and start a new thread. IMO.
Honestly, I have no advice I can give. They are being really unreasonable if they expect two people over the legal age who have been going out for years to not have sex!

Maybe you could explain to them that this does not make you a bad person, and that nothing will be gained by them forcing you out of his life. All it will lead to is anger. If they reconsider and see reason, people can calm down and be happy. If they chill out now, in a few months this won't even bother them. But if they overreact now and drive you away, this will come back to haunt them. Their son won't trust them as much and it will make his relationship with them very difficult if they push his long term gf away., You need to get him to explain this to them.
You're in a tough spot mate, you can't help your feelings, the best thing you can do is keep on as you're doing ie acting like an adult and appealing to their rational side. Thing is in reality you haven't 'betrayed' them, they had no right in the first place to dictate when you sleep with someone. If it was their child who they wanted to wait til 18 then it would be (a bit) more understandable but since it's your girlfriend, theyve not got a leg to stand on. If they do really like your girlfriend they'll come round soon enough, just give em some time. About the 'mummy's boy' stuff, just ignore it mate, you've more than proven yourself to have the cojones. Good luck with it all. D
Reply 93
Ask them if they wanna know about their grandkids...Then when they look like they're about to explode say "Ah, joking...See it could have been a lot worse" and smile sweetly...

propose now :wink:

Tho that might push your parents even further over the edge. That said you'll be living together anyway.
Reply 95
Anonymous
No she doesnt, shes still asleep...And like i said, i dont know if i should now?

She can read it when she wakes up!
Reply 96
xXMessedUpXx
wow...that seems like quite a day you've had

glad things seem to be working out. his parents must be amazingly religious. i can undertsand house rules (i abide by them when i'm back hom-though i think my parents reasonsing is that i have 3 younger siblings-tho they used to let me stay in a hotel with my ex), but i think it was probably made worse for your by their strict beliefs. crazy stuff

Yes they ARE majorly religious. It has been a mad day, and its not over, we still have to talk to my parents about thier decition. Still really worried about my girlfriend, when i first started going out with her, one of her close friends had died, and she was self harming and suicidal, i dont want her to go back to thar...
This girl is your g/f, not your parents. And while I know it will be upsetting for you to not have your parents there (wherever you mean) you have to focus on the fact that it is them who are pushing you away, it's not your fault and you cannot do anything about it, don't screw up yourn and your g/f's happiness because of a few wacky beliefs, Rules are there to be broken and remember she is your g/f and you love her, neither you or her are marrying your parents, so why do you care so much? (no answer needed btw).
Reply 98
kirstinx
She can read it when she wakes up!

Oh ****....
Reply 99
WTF..you're both old enough, what's the problem?

Obvious joker.

Latest

Trending

Trending