Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    right...well i sorta realized that baseball isn't erm a common sport with the british :mad: . But well i love it! :p: and attend a team :cool: ...its great, good fun to play and watch. so anyone lovin' this sport like i do?

ReputationRep:
    Baseball is life!

I coach, play, umpire (ABUA Umpire), watch, studying, video analysis and still frame analysis, anything and everything to do with baseball.

Baseball Rocks!!!.

ReputationRep:
    Well in london it's pretty hard to come by with THAT much space
    And with you gonna have baseball pitches in Regents Park - you're gonna need a fence for those stray balls which jsut slipped of your finger
    Anf that just ain't gonna happen (The fence thing)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 101mphfastball)
    Baseball is life!

I coach, play, umpire (ABUA Umpire), watch, studying, video analysis and still frame analysis, anything and everything to do with baseball.

Baseball Rocks!!!.
    lol, wow, k i dont really do any video analysis or still frame analysis, neither do i coach or anything
    BUT i join the vienna women U-18 team :eek: ...glad to see there is someone out here enjoying baseball! :cool:

tiempo: you dont need a fence....just run after the balls!!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Isn't baseball just rounders with steroids?

Just kidding, I don't mind watching the odd game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gigglybum)
    tiempo: you dont need a fence....just run after the balls!!! :rolleyes:
    Ohh I don't mind that - but sometimes when I throw to third I get a little too excited... and the ball goes AWOL
    And there are usually mothers pushing their child in prams on the path and I always poop myself

ReputationRep:
    We always get stuck playing rounders at school and their are no baseball clubs in my area, though I would like to play.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy playing baseball, but watching on TV gets a little boring sometimes. It doesn't quite have the same excitement levels as basketball. It hurt watching my home team get their ass's kicked in the World Series . But hey, at least we got there! GO 'STROS!! :cool:

What ML team do you guys support?

ReputationRep:
    I don't support any baseball team

Me more of a hockey fan

ReputationRep:
    BASEBALL RULES!

The 100 curse of the cubs shall be broken! espicially if maddux! 40yrs! pitches like he has done in his last three starts! and prior and wood get back to there best!

the days of big hitting sosa! are gone and a fresh start has meant a new cubs! watch out we are on the way to the world series!

image 100 years and 2 world series do da do da....

ReputationRep:
    Baseball is absolutely the best.

ReputationRep:
    Sean Marshall - what a start he has had a a cubs startr I can see him going places....currently...and Madddux is just WOW! back to what was apperently his best....

but what the hell is wrong with the rest of that rotation it is having a nighmare I only hope wood and proir when they EVENTUALLY return shall bring some stability...

Rusch and Williams have been awful and Zambrano so inconsistant...

ahhh....it seems my cubs mmight struggle! AGAIN Grrrr!

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that Barry Bonds is a bit injured still but is he going to break the home run record?

ReputationRep:
    METS

The Yankees are the most overpaid team in baseball.

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to get into baseball, more my boyfriends thing than mine but I'm going to watch the Red Soxs play in Boston in August so that's a good start!

ReputationRep:
    Red Sox...doesn't have an s. Glad you are getting into baseball. BTW it's not just the US where baseball is popular. Fans are fanatical in Japan and in Cuba too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by global_warning)
    Red Sox...doesn't have an s.
    I knew that That's what happens when you try to surf the net while trying to revise at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by global_warning)
    Red Sox...doesn't have an s. Glad you are getting into baseball. BTW it's not just the US where baseball is popular. Fans are fanatical in Japan and in Cuba too...
    Some of the best MLB players are from places like the domincan republlic, venezalia

It is kind of an american thing as a whole where it is really big! it is a cult here!

ReputationRep:
    Love the red sox.

ReputationRep:
    Go Red Sox! Go Red Sox!

Just a few hours from winning the World Series (hopefully)....

(I think that's right, anyway. The guy living next door to me here at uni is an American, so I've been watching a few of the matches with him, but still don't fully understand it all. )

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 5, 2007
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.