Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex_R)
    Just out of curiosity Tek, why do you want to go to Peterhouse?

Plus, I happen to know some pretty damn clever people at New Hall including my girlfriend.
    Yeah, you tell 'em! (She is very clever isn't she? )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Yeah, you tell 'em! (She is very clever isn't she? )
    This is so cool, Laura's just told me its you. Its weird how I know quite a few people on here in real life.

PS You are very clever too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex_R)
    Just out of curiosity Tek, why do you want to go to Peterhouse?
    Because his school has dodgy links with the place. Being Peterhouse, I dread to think what that means!

Tek, you don't even have an offer yet, so I'd stop acting quite so superior if I were you. Peterhouse's rep isn't all that great, even if I quite like the people there

At the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I wish Emma were doing something like that, I'd love to come up for a coupla days..

ReputationRep:
    hey blissy (or anyone else who went to new hall for the open day) did u meet anyone called laura grimes? and/or jenny briggs? theyre doing mml/english repectively (theyre friends of mine lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    hey blissy (or anyone else who went to new hall for the open day) did u meet anyone called laura grimes? and/or jenny briggs? theyre doing mml/english repectively (theyre friends of mine lol)

jenny? blonde hair? I think I met her briefly but she belonged to someone else . My offer holder was called Cat

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats her, she had a whale of a time, theyre both really looking forward to going now. wish sidney did a similar thing though, having said that i'm already in love with the place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    yeah thats her, she had a whale of a time, theyre both really looking forward to going now. wish sidney did a similar thing though, having said that i'm already in love with the place

My offer holder only got 5 hours sleep and we got very very drunk. I made her drink lots of water before she went to sleep though! I think I dragged Jenny and four others around with us on the Wednesday morning. She bought a book from David's and saw me get annoyed with another English person (from my year) LOL.

ReputationRep:
    hehe sounds bit like me - i got taken to sample coco's and then had to go to a 9am lecture! was not feeling good yesterday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachW)
    hehe sounds bit like me - i got taken to sample coco's and then had to go to a 9am lecture! was not feeling good yesterday!

Aaaah! We went to Cindy's instead. You didn't stay with Joanne did you? (what subject are you?)

ReputationRep:
    i got an offer from king's and have heard nothing yet

ReputationRep:
    what do u mean u haven't heard anything? frm ucas? or about offer holder days? cos i think they're just for the all girl colleges- as someone pointed out before, they really need to encourage the ppl who have been accepted to go to them. kings wouldnt really need to persuade anyone

ReputationRep:
    ooh, no ive heard stuff.... just not this offerholders thing. ur prob right. king's wouldnt need to persuade anyone.... im curious to find out abt other ppl who have offers to king's tho!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rathika)
    ooh, no ive heard stuff.... just not this offerholders thing. ur prob right. king's wouldnt need to persuade anyone.... im curious to find out abt other ppl who have offers to king's tho!
    Do you have UCAS confirmation of your offer Rathika?

ReputationRep:
    yes i do, it was a little late tho, only few weeks ago,

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I was there!
    New Hall, that is.
    It was sooo much fun, was staying with Jenny King. Am doing Engineering. Went to Cafe Afrika on Tue evening, then to some girl's party in college. Lots of fun.

And for all those ppl ****ging off New Hall, I really wasn't sure I'd want to go to an all female college and applied to Downing, but its such a friendly place and I just really like Cambridge as a place and just want to be there, whichever college I'm at. And I'd decided this before going to the Open Day, but it really helped calm any fears/answer any questions I had about uni in general.

I just can't wait til September/October.

ReputationRep:
    wish Newnham did offer holders

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fred86)
    wish Newnham did offer holders
    I suppose you could go to the open day again...

I think it would be a good idea if all colleges did it, everyone here had a great time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I suppose you could go to the open day again...

I think it would be a good idea if all colleges did it, everyone here had a great time
    haven't even been to an open day was only there for my interviews!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fred86)
    haven't even been to an open day was only there for my interviews!
    They have info on http://www.cam.ac.uk/cambuniv/ugpros...welcome12.html I think Newnham's is on the 3rd of May

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.