This discussion is closed.
blissy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Alex_R)
Just out of curiosity Tek, why do you want to go to Peterhouse?

Plus, I happen to know some pretty damn clever people at New Hall including my girlfriend.
Yeah, you tell 'em! (She is very clever isn't she? )
Alex_R
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
Yeah, you tell 'em! (She is very clever isn't she? )
This is so cool, Laura's just told me its you. Its weird how I know quite a few people on here in real life.

PS You are very clever too.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alex_R)
Just out of curiosity Tek, why do you want to go to Peterhouse?
Because his school has dodgy links with the place. Being Peterhouse, I dread to think what that means!

Tek, you don't even have an offer yet, so I'd stop acting quite so superior if I were you. Peterhouse's rep isn't all that great, even if I quite like the people there

At the moment.
lucerna
Report 16 years ago
I wish Emma were doing something like that, I'd love to come up for a coupla days..
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey blissy (or anyone else who went to new hall for the open day) did u meet anyone called laura grimes? and/or jenny briggs? theyre doing mml/english repectively (theyre friends of mine lol)
blissy
Rep:
?
(Original post by priya)
hey blissy (or anyone else who went to new hall for the open day) did u meet anyone called laura grimes? and/or jenny briggs? theyre doing mml/english repectively (theyre friends of mine lol)

jenny? blonde hair? I think I met her briefly but she belonged to someone else . My offer holder was called Cat
priya
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah thats her, she had a whale of a time, theyre both really looking forward to going now. wish sidney did a similar thing though, having said that i'm already in love with the place
blissy
Rep:
?
(Original post by priya)
yeah thats her, she had a whale of a time, theyre both really looking forward to going now. wish sidney did a similar thing though, having said that i'm already in love with the place

My offer holder only got 5 hours sleep and we got very very drunk. I made her drink lots of water before she went to sleep though! I think I dragged Jenny and four others around with us on the Wednesday morning. She bought a book from David's and saw me get annoyed with another English person (from my year) LOL.
RachW
Report 16 years ago
hehe sounds bit like me - i got taken to sample coco's and then had to go to a 9am lecture! was not feeling good yesterday!
blissy
Rep:
?
(Original post by RachW)
hehe sounds bit like me - i got taken to sample coco's and then had to go to a 9am lecture! was not feeling good yesterday!

Aaaah! We went to Cindy's instead. You didn't stay with Joanne did you? (what subject are you?)
Rathika
Report 16 years ago
i got an offer from king's and have heard nothing yet
priya
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
what do u mean u haven't heard anything? frm ucas? or about offer holder days? cos i think they're just for the all girl colleges- as someone pointed out before, they really need to encourage the ppl who have been accepted to go to them. kings wouldnt really need to persuade anyone
Rathika
Report 16 years ago
ooh, no ive heard stuff.... just not this offerholders thing. ur prob right. king's wouldnt need to persuade anyone.... im curious to find out abt other ppl who have offers to king's tho!
Omer
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Rathika)
ooh, no ive heard stuff.... just not this offerholders thing. ur prob right. king's wouldnt need to persuade anyone.... im curious to find out abt other ppl who have offers to king's tho!
Do you have UCAS confirmation of your offer Rathika?
Rathika
Report 16 years ago
yes i do, it was a little late tho, only few weeks ago,
Kath
Report 16 years ago
Hi
I was there!
New Hall, that is.
It was sooo much fun, was staying with Jenny King. Am doing Engineering. Went to Cafe Afrika on Tue evening, then to some girl's party in college. Lots of fun.

And for all those ppl ****ging off New Hall, I really wasn't sure I'd want to go to an all female college and applied to Downing, but its such a friendly place and I just really like Cambridge as a place and just want to be there, whichever college I'm at. And I'd decided this before going to the Open Day, but it really helped calm any fears/answer any questions I had about uni in general.

I just can't wait til September/October.
fred86
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
wish Newnham did offer holders
blissy
Rep:
?
(Original post by fred86)
wish Newnham did offer holders
I suppose you could go to the open day again...

I think it would be a good idea if all colleges did it, everyone here had a great time
fred86
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
I suppose you could go to the open day again...

I think it would be a good idea if all colleges did it, everyone here had a great time
haven't even been to an open day was only there for my interviews!
blissy
Rep:
?
(Original post by fred86)
haven't even been to an open day was only there for my interviews!
They have info on http://www.cam.ac.uk/cambuniv/ugpros...welcome12.html I think Newnham's is on the 3rd of May
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (168)
24.82%
Better than expected (141)
20.83%
Worse than expected (368)
54.36%

Watched Threads