Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Being the opposite sex watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay, pin your ears back and listen in. How many of you think that you'd rather have been born the opposite sex to what you are. Like if you're a bloke would you have rather been born a chick? and vice versa of course. If so why? or why not as the case may be.

Personally being born a chick would have made life much easier. Take money for example, if I had been born female then as soon as I turned 18 I'd be straight out on the game. Just think, £100 for half an hour, I could do 1 client a day mon-fri and thats £500 tax free a week for only 2 1/2 hours work.

...By the way, if you find this post offensive (not sure why you would, other than being an uptight squarehead) then please dont go whining to the admins, let me know so I can edit it to suit your politically correct special needs...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.kza.qc.ca/html/jrk/IMAGES/barbie%20dolls.jpg

http://www.411beanies.com/toyguns/squadsetsm.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Being a girl is awesome. I'd hate to be a boy.

ReputationRep:
    no way i dont think i would prefer being a girl...for starters they have to go through all the pain with periods aswell as pregnancy which is just bloody painful lol. But i do sympathise with girls for having to go through all that...but personally i wouldnt want to i prefer being a bloke

ReputationRep:
    I used to want to be a boy, but I think being a girl is much better. Plus, nobody really likes Chinese boys anyway. - At least not in my experience, Don't get offended, Chinese dudes!

ReputationRep:
    From what I gather, being a girl is hard work. I hate hard work, so I'm glad I'm a guy.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you can be in the game being a male also. It just makes dropping the kids off at the pool a little painful.

I believe Mark Oaten is struggling to get a rent boy after the News of The World exposed the last one.

ReputationRep:
    Well if I was a male hooker then I'd have to do woman clients only, none of that mud jousting business for me, unless its for a rather huge some of money (I'd do almost anything for a million quid as I have very few morals).

ReputationRep:
    I love being a woman.

You may think that periods etc. are annoying and sometimes they are a bit, but I never forget what they represent; how sacred fertility is and all that - I have the power to make new people and that's bloody cool imo. I can't wait to be pregnant and have kids etc. Yeah, so it has a messy conclusion and stuff but it must be an incredible experience to feel a baby kicking and all that. I look forward to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoecb)
    I love being a woman.

You may think that periods etc. are annoying and sometimes they are a bit, but I never forget what they represent; how sacred fertility is and all that - I have the power to make new people and that's bloody cool imo. I can't wait to be pregnant and have kids etc. Yeah, so it has a messy conclusion and stuff but it must be an incredible experience to feel a baby kicking and all that. I look forward to it.

Well blokes have the power to make new people too. I mean you cant get pregnant without a bloke, no matter how indepenant you chicks think you are.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno. I wouldnb't want to change my gender, but I do wonder what it would be like if I'd have been born a female. I reckon it would have been better, mainly because it would mean that I would get cheaper car insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ESBay)
    From what I gather, being a girl is hard work. I hate hard work, so I'm glad I'm a guy.
    Depends on your definition of hard work, if you are a woman then there are plenty more opportunities to avoid getting a job and you don't get conscripted either.

ReputationRep:
    i think it boils down to this;
    would you rather have the ability to urinate standing up or be able to have multiple orgasms?

ReputationRep:
    One word. Period.

ReputationRep:
    You know, no matter how much I "pin my ears back and listen in", I can't hear anything bar the humming of my PC. Maybe "open your eyes wide and read, goddammit" would have been more appropriate?

Anyway, I don't think I could get any more pernickety even if I was a woman. I'd be a grammar Nazi, a Lynne Truss acolyte, a niggler and perfectionist regardless of what sex I was.

But, I do like the thought of not having to be pregnant. So I'll stick to being male. Males rock. I'm not gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UtterNutter69)
    Well blokes have the power to make new people too. I mean you cant get pregnant without a bloke, no matter how indepenant you chicks think you are.
    Not the same. You can impregnate however many women you like, whether any of these children are born is not up to you.

And we don't need men to have children. Just "a couple of their best swimmers". And with advances in science, not even that, soon.

Sperm are just glorified delivery agents.
    Eggs are where the life lies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by championhopper)
    i think it boils down to this;
    would you rather have the ability to urinate standing up or be able to have multiple orgasms?
    But there are a significant number of women with sexual disfunction disorders, some of them cant orgasm at all! So being a woman would be a lottery, all or nothing really...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoecb)
    Not the same. You can impregnate however many women you like, whether any of these children are born is not up to you.

And we don't need men to have children. Just "a couple of their best swimmers". And with advances in science, not even that, soon.

Sperm are just glorified delivery agents.
    Eggs are where the life lies.
    What illustrious university did you study biology at?

I gave up biology at GCSE and even I know that children are a product of two sets of genes, one from each parent, reproduction without genes from a mother and father would be confined to cloning - though I guess you might not mind that. If you can invent a means of asexual human reproduction of course you will be heralded a scientific genius.

ReputationRep:
    Despite the shorter average lifespan I would remain male. I think objectively speaking and irrespective of the vagaries of sexual attraction women are by far the fairer sex, their aesthetic qualities cannot be matched. So I would rather be having sex with the most beautiful form imaginable than be the most beautiful myself.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather have been born male simply because of some health problems I have which are exclusive to women, but then again, whose to say I wouldn't have a gender-specific condition if I were a man?

Gender really doesn't make much difference (health aside of course), you shouldn't ever use it as an excuse...so, I don't mind either way, I'd still be pretty much the same person with the same hobbies and same personality if I were male.

The only advantage I have being female is I'm seen as somehow a bit 'special' because I tend to pursue a male-dominated career and hobbies. It's all rubbish though, and theres nothing special about it, but you all knew that already.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.