Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

i was just wondering if there is any way of getting sample questions or past papers for a CPT3 exam. I have finished my project and the write up, but want to go through a past paper to see the sort of thing they ask, so that if theres something they ask that i have not included in my write up i can add it before the exam. This would help a lot if anyone could do that because i honestly dont now if im missing stuff out in my write up, which could screw me over in the exam.

Thanks,

Minesh

EDIT: By the way the coursework i am doing is the AQA CPT3 2006 Village Hall Project.

ReputationRep:
    i dont really know if you can really prepare for the cpt3 exam because the cw is different every year. Link
    Most of the questions are easy though, they just ask things like write the line in which you used this technique....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minesh316)
    EDIT: By the way the coursework i am doing is the AQA CPT3 2006 Village Hall Project.
    Everyone's doing that..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Everyone's doing that..
    Is the village hall one quite easy??? (I did last years (terrys turkeys)) I was just wondering because our comp teacher said that you dont have to program how to cancel a user which was the annoying bit in our one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nekokat)
    Is the village hall one quite easy??? (I did last years (terrys turkeys)) I was just wondering because our comp teacher said that you dont have to program how to cancel a user which was the annoying bit in our one?
    Relatively easy.

And um yeah - we don't have to account for deleting bookings, editing existing bookings.

turkeyfile!
    turkeyfile!

Meh, mine amounts to 1615 lines of code and I haven't a clue what I'm meant to put in the design, nor have I started testing. Our Computing teacher operates on a "need to know when you need to know" basis.

ReputationRep:
    do those 1615 lines of code include the generated code?
    I'm doing my A level now and my teacher has set us a target of 4 weeks to start and finish our cpt5.....that should be fun, he works on the fact of "will only teach things that are most likely in the exam"

ReputationRep:
    do those 1615 lines of code include the generated code?
    I'm doing my A level now and my teacher has set us a target of 4 weeks to start and finish our cpt5.....that should be fun, he works on the fact of "will only teach things that are most likely in the exam"
    1615 lines of Pascal code is the entire executable program :p:

ReputationRep:
    pascal? Thats so unfair.....Pascal looks more logical aswell. We were made to produce ours in VB.net.....Java would have been better......well the funniest would have been to try and program in a low level language but im not sure many people would get very far.....mid you never know....

ReputationRep:
    pascal? Thats so unfair.....Pascal looks more logical aswell. We were made to produce ours in VB.net.....Java would have been better......well the funniest would have been to try and program in a low level language but im not sure many people would get very far.....mid you never know....
    AQA should demand machine code :p:

That'd be fantastic actually, trying to locate the specific segment of 010101010101s in the exam that answers a question

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i would love to see our teacher teach us that.....5 minutes and im sure half the class would be in a coma.
    Imagine trying to find an error in the system......I could just imagine it..."there is an error in your program somewhere between line 1 and 94584"....

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i would love to see our teacher teach us that.....5 minutes and im sure half the class would be in a coma.
    Imagine trying to find an error in the system......I could just imagine it..."there is an error in your program somewhere between line 1 and 94584"....
    :rofl: agh I've had enough errors already but mine's the only program in College that's working - *finally*, it took about 4 redos of the design and a religious experience with my pseudocode where I transcended to God and he told me the algorithms but yeah. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    the problem with the one im programming at the moment is it doesnt error properly. If you delete the file you are saving to, it should error but it creates a new file (my teacher doesnt understand why but i think its because i hardcoded the file into my project).

ReputationRep:
    I did Terry's Turkeys too. I think CPT3 coursework/exam combination is terrible. The specification for the system was so vague and could be interpreted in so many ways yet in the exam they asked specific questions on one interpretation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theArchitect)
    I did Terry's Turkeys too. I think CPT3 coursework/exam combination is terrible. The specification for the system was so vague and could be interpreted in so many ways yet in the exam they asked specific questions on one interpretation.
    Thats why A2 is so much better!

ReputationRep:
    Minesh: incase you missed it - the link for past papers (for all modules) can be found here

ReputationRep:
    The AQA site only has past papers for modules 1, 2, 4 and 5. The prcticals are 3 and 6. neva mind. Ill just see how the exam goes wen i do it loll. got a mock i think anyways.

thanks anyways

ReputationRep:
    The AQA site only has past papers for modules 1, 2, 4 and 5. The prcticals are 3 and 6. neva mind. Ill just see how the exam goes wen i do it loll. got a mock i think anyways.

thanks anyways
    :\ It's definitely got past papers for 3...

ReputationRep:

thanks anyways
    Are you sure? And anyway, the paper is really easy if you have done the programmingand understand whats going on.....word of advice though, remember to learn the computer misuse act...thats usually on aswell.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 19, 2006
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.