Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else seen the article in the Daily Mail about Jo's attitude to fat people in her books?? It's in retaliation to an article she posted on her official site - find it here: http://www.jkrowling.com/textonly/en...view.cfm?id=22.
    I found out through a posting on Mugglenet (www.mugglenet.com) and I just think it's ridiculous. I mean, everyone knows the Daily Mail is rubbish anyway but the article was so badly researched, with character's names spelled wrong, incorrect facts and just ridiculous assumptions.
    It's just a pathetic attempt to sensationalise a perfectly rational and indeed laudable article. Bah to you, daily mail man!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidekick)
    Bah to you, daily mail man!!
    Well said. But you shouldn't really believe anything you read in the Daily Mail anyway, it's just a load of rubbish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSandwichMan)
    Well said. But you shouldn't really believe anything you read in the Daily Mail anyway, it's just a load of rubbish
    Thank you. And no, I never do, it's a ridiculous paper.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, sidekick. We're all with you on this one. Sod the Daily Mail!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    The ideal Daily Mail Article will leave you hating someone or something.

For me the Daily Mail is on a journalistic par with the Sun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidekick)
    Thank you. And no, I never do, it's a ridiculous paper.
    Actually, I'd venture the 'paper' per se as being its one redeeming attribute: strong, long, and (exceedingly) absorbent; what's not to like?

ReputationRep:
    I suppose you can say once a paper editor had his/her view, she/he'll never change or they'll lose face....but what was it that made the Daily Mail criticises JK in the first place??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Actually, I'd venture the 'paper' per se as being its one redeeming attribute: strong, long, and (exceedingly) absorbent; what's not to like?
    Yes, it does see us through the Winter when the money is low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robusty)
    I suppose you can say once a paper editor had his/her view, she/he'll never change or they'll lose face....but what was it that made the Daily Mail criticises JK in the first place??
    Its on MuggleNet but this scan clarifies the Daily Mail's argument.

ReputationRep:
    the daily mail?:hahaha: they suck:p:

ReputationRep:
    I've never read the daily mail in my life, and I have to say... after seeing that article I probably never will.

ReputationRep:
    Mugglenet have written a brilliant article in response to the whole stupid debacle - you can find it here: http://www.mugglenet.com/infosection...n/fatfem.shtml

And it's a lot better written than the Daily Mail article!

ReputationRep:
    The Daily Express is the new Daily Mail. IE, a right wing joke of a paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightowl)
    The ideal Daily Mail Article will leave you hating someone or something.

For me the Daily Mail is on a journalistic par with the Sun.
    However, at least the Daily Mail sticks to it's guns. The Sun changes it's opinion on a dime, depending on what seems popular with their readers at that point in time.

ReputationRep:
    You can hardly tell the difference between the Daily Express and the Daily Mail. They're exactly the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulofanewmachine)
    You can hardly tell the difference between the Daily Express and the Daily Mail. They're exactly the same.
    It's true, there is no difference between them.
    Both crap

ReputationRep:
    Utter rubbish

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2006
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.