Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking about coming to Lancaster in Sept 06, and have applied for english language and linguistics.
    Could any one tell me what the course is like and if it's interesting?
    Also, I was wondering what it's like living there.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    living on campus is good - easy - just roll out of bed a few minutes before lectures start and still make it on time. and its easy to get to town when you need/want to. the buses are very regular. lancaster is only a little city (compared to where im from - London Baby!) but there's enough there to satisfy my appetite. Good mix of bars/clubs/pubs.

Sorry cant tell you anything about english...

hope that helps tho
    x

ReputationRep:
    Same course as meeeeeeeee!! Good choice!! it's really good, I love it!! Depends how much u like english tho. Durrr hehe!! Good thing is u can choose ur own modules. I stayed clear away from the history of english cuz i find it sooooooo boring and went for the media and broadcast side of things which has turned out to be an excellent course. As for linguistics, its really interesting too. However, if you do linguistics you'll have to take 152 which is the basic grammar stuff and it will bore the crap out of you. But the other modules make it all worth while, hope this helps!! xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hi people!

Which colleges do you live in, coz iv'e not decided which one to choose yet. I've heard Furness is gonna be ready by autumn, but I like the look of Lonsdale.

How big are the class sizes for eng lang and linguistics, coz it's meant to be a big department and do you like the lecturers?

Is it ok shopping in Lancaster, because I'm from Manchester where there are LOADS of shops, and does it mean that it's harder to get a weekend job in town?

xx

ReputationRep:
    Ermmmmmmmmmm Lancasters nothing like Manchester for shopping put it that way. Not a lot of shops around, well i'm from Brum so i have the comparison of a big city too! Theres bout 50 plus in the classes but less only like 10 in seminar groups. You don't really notice though to be fair. And i live in Bowland, well close to the English department which would be handy for u! Big rooms and en-suites, but its entirely up to you and your tastes!! X

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.