The Student Room Group

Hey

Hey, ive only got 3 offers from Leeds,(AAA)queen mary(ABB) and city for Law..--(im predicted AAB)

I think i need to decide between queen mary and leeds..

Which would is better for law overall and prestige:s andd would have betetr opoorutnities? In the times leeds is 10th and in guardian = 34

Whilst queen mary is 9th in guardian and in times its 19th..
Perhaps league tables don't matter and aren't accurate, i really dont know...

What would evryone elses opinion be , sorry if ive posted a similiar thread before but i need to decide, thankss.
which uni do you feel most comfortable with? Don't let the league tables rankings influence you.
Reply 2
I'm really not sure i wanted to go london but got rejcted by soas and kings.... my uncle has told me leeds is good and prestigous? but i really dont know gonna go visit them after the easter holidays
Reply 3
i'd say put leeds as firm, and QMUL as insurance. Leeds campus is nicer IMO, and Leeds is a very nice place to study from what i hear. but at the end of the day..its all about what appeals to you. good luck with ur decicions!
Reply 4
but i want to know which uni has a better reputation and is better for LAW. which uni would stand out more in my cv from getting llb from ...
Reply 5
I would say Leeds. Entry into Leeds' programme is more competitive. The academic background of your cohort will be higher. Accordingly, a good performance there will stand you in good stead.
hmm...i will stick with Leeds too.
Reply 7
richie_009
but i want to know which uni has a better reputation and is better for LAW. which uni would stand out more in my cv from getting llb from ...

*bangs head repeatedly on wall*

go to the uni you LIKE best. Who cares what the alledged reputation is? Reputation is subjective, and you can not possibly know the mind of whichever recruiter gets your application.

For the love of Christ worry about getting a training contract in the second year of your LL.B, not before you even get to uni.
Ethereal, I love your posts, I gave you some positive rep. once too :smile:
XXmuch loveXX
Reply 9
Glad I ammuse :biggrin:
Reply 10
If you want to go into the legal profession chose the university based upon it's graduate employment rate into the legal profession.

If you're unsure about what you want to do with your degree, chose the university that suits your needs best, in terms of distance from home, sports facilities, accomodation, the people etc..even the night life which is a big factor if you ask me.
Reply 11
john171
If you want to go into the legal profession chose the university based upon it's graduate employment rate into the legal profession.

If you're unsure about what you want to do with your degree, chose the university that suits your needs best, in terms of distance from home, sports facilities, accomodation, the people etc..even the night life which is a big factor if you ask me.

Sound advice. One thing to note, however, it may be difficult to trace employment into the legal profession as most university students will go elsewhere to do the LPC. Some may not even bother to do the LPC but instead go into paralegal work after doing something else for a couple of years.
Reply 12
Z.O.M.F.G

Ethereal in agreement with me, I better take a screenshot.
Ethereal
*bangs head repeatedly on wall*

you mean like this? lol :bang:
Reply 14
Yes, but a little less ROCK and a little more ARGH!!

lol

Latest

Trending

Trending