The Student Room Group

sorry to bother you all again, I just need some advice

I posted a thread a while back about my Boyfriend who has leaukemia? Well, (It was our 11 month annivrsary Yesterday :smile: ) And he's gone back in now. Hes started Chemo again, And is now going through radio Therapy. Twice a day for three days. Then He has a Stem cell transplant on Thursday. thing is I cant see him till Friday and I am literally going insane at home not knowing what to do with me self and worrying and thinking about everything. We have gotten so close within these past fews days, We even started talking about getting a house together and our future together which is somthing we have never talked about before. I dont know how im going to get through till Friday to see him! I dont want to fgo out, I am so scared of catching a cold which will just prolong me not being able to see him even longer. im scared that if i do get ill, during the time that I cant see him somthing might happen and ill never be able to see him again. I cant stop crying as soon as I wake up it all hits me and its making me feel so depressed. I love him more than anything and just the thought of him going through this and without me being able to be with him and tell him how much i love and that he cant give up is killing me. How do i prevent getting ill...? Getting a cold? How can i be strong?
:hugs:

hey, didn't see the other thread, but it must be hard on you right now. :frown: I guess avoiding people with colds would be one way, or eat loads of fruits and drink green tea as both are full of anti-toxidents to ward off colds etc. I think oranges are known for being good at beating colds. And as hard as it try not to get to stressed, as stress lowers you're immune system making you more sucesptable to colds etc. I'm sure he knows that you love him and that you'll support him even if you can't be with him all the time :smile: hope he's ok
Reply 2
Live as heathy as you can and the more you worry the more likely you are to get ill so try and do stuff to keep yourself occupied like sport or whatever.
He knows your there for him so just give him support whenever you can u can't do better than yor best
Reply 3
Vitamin C, wear warm clothes, drink hot things, sauna if you can.

By the way, touching story - really.
Hey! Theres not really any way of avoiding getting colds. I was adament I wasn't gonna get all the colds and stuff that've been going round and I got one TWICE!! :biggrin: I guess just try and avoid anyone who has got a cold.

As for coping- just try and stay positive. if treatments are going well at the mo then its all good. Can you phone him while hes in hospital? Good luck! :hugs:
Gosh! This sounds like a terriby difficult time for you! I reckon you need to focus on how lucky you are to be with him at this time.

I hope everything goes well for the two of you!
Reply 6
Get lots of sleep. Your immune system is weakest when you're over tired.

Try to go out and think about something else.

Try praying or asking a church to pray for him.

Above anything write down how you feel, a letter he can reread and it will make him happy knowing how much you love him.
Reply 7
Theres no way you can avoid getting ill apart from maybe staying away from people you know are ill, and you must try not to worry about yourself otherwise you will make yourself feel ill when all it will be is anxiety and stress.....
Reply 8
Have you tried taking multi-vits? Vit C tablets are good too...check out the health stores.
I agree with Emmalina...tell God about it...it'll lift the burden
Make sure you get enough rest, I'm sure he knows how much you care so try and sleep easy :smile:
Reply 9
Miss Tink
Have you tried taking multi-vits? Vit C tablets are good too...check out the health stores.
I agree with Emmalina...tell God about it...it'll lift the burden
Make sure you get enough rest, I'm sure he knows how much you care so try and sleep easy :smile:

Even if you're not religious like just talk it out loud to your cat or something. Or like write a letter and burn it.

Latest