Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    whats sheffield like in general, you know, the atmosphere and that? and whats the biology course like!! was just wondering! but would be glad of any opinions!

ReputationRep:
    Nice thread on the city.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=193582

Sheffield's great.

ReputationRep:
    from that, sounds good!

ReputationRep:
    sheffield's an excellent city for students. everything is totally accessible, and it's safe and interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Do regular gig goers find that they have to go to manchester a lot because bands tend to leave out sheffield quite a bit.
    I'm deciding between Manchester and Sheffield at the moment, and gigs are quite important to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spooksthehorse)
    Do regular gig goers find that they have to go to manchester a lot because bands tend to leave out sheffield quite a bit.
    I'm deciding between Manchester and Sheffield at the moment, and gigs are quite important to me
    I've only had to travel to goto a gig once, and that was to see deerhoof, and it was only to leeds. (and they didn't even play a manc date)

Loads of bands come to sheffield, esp. with the success of a certain local group.

You don't say what type of music you're into but if it's indie/guitar bands/singer songwriters/ d'n'b then there is alot going on in the city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    I've only had to travel to goto a gig once, and that was to see deerhoof, and it was only to leeds. (and they didn't even play a manc date)

Loads of bands come to sheffield, esp. with the success of a certain local group.

You don't say what type of music you're into but if it's indie/guitar bands/singer songwriters/ d'n'b then there is alot going on in the city.
    Yep mainly rock/ alternative stuff. I love 65days too
    That's helpful cheers.

ReputationRep:
    oooh i love that type of music.... sounds fun!!

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at leadmill, the plug city hall and the union website (fusion is a 600 capacity, the octagon is about 1500) those are the venues most bands doing national tours will visit, although there are more that have gigs from time to time. The boardwalk will probably become your favourite club, for local bands soundaloud could become your bible.

oh and fuzz club at the union has some great bands and some crap ones, It's a class night though, so it doesn't really matter if the band are a bit rubbish every now and again.

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield is FANTASTIC!

ReputationRep:
    sheffield is a gr8 place 2 live, nightlife is fantastic, its not 2 expensive to live, unis are well regarded wot more could you ask for?lol

ReputationRep:
    sounds great... i take it you like there then

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 25, 2006
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.