Turn on thread page Beta

What's it like at Birmingham? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyluck)
    The *do you sleep with the window open* question was a bit odd!! I do sometimes but it depends if its cold outside or really noisy! lol
    i think that's so that if you do, they won't put you on the ground floor, for safety reasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    i think that's so that if you do, they won't put you on the ground floor, for safety reasons.
    LOL, i seriosly dont want to be on a ground floor, it would feel too wierd. I hate people walking past my window!

ReputationRep:
    LOL, i seriosly dont want to be on a ground floor, it would feel too wierd. I hate people walking past my window!
    Am at Brum at the moment.........its a great university, but they never put girls on ground floors of any halls so dont worrya bout that!!.

Oh and for everyone that does get Maple Bank...its really not that bad at all I am living there now and there are loads of plus sides, more money to spend on going, out food everything else, in a great location close to loads of other people, and within 15minutes walk of BOTH campus and broad street which is where all the pubs and clubs are!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amythompson62)
    Am at Brum at the moment.........its a great university, but they never put girls on ground floors of any halls so dont worrya bout that!!.

Oh and for everyone that does get Maple Bank...its really not that bad at all I am living there now and there are loads of plus sides, more money to spend on going, out food everything else, in a great location close to loads of other people, and within 15minutes walk of BOTH campus and broad street which is where all the pubs and clubs are!
    I have opted for self catering. i stil dont want to be on the ground floor or the only girl in a flat full of lads! aaargh!!

Birm accom is just damn expensive!

ReputationRep:
    I just put my UCAS id no and left it at that, they sent me an acknowledgement and havent been in touch about it.
    How long did you wait before they sent you the acknowledgement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lupin Loopy)
    How long did you wait before they sent you the acknowledgement?
    err.. 1-2 weeks? not super effiecient for saying it was just a postcard thype thingy.

ReputationRep:
    err.. 1-2 weeks? not super effiecient for saying it was just a postcard thype thingy.
    Yup - got it this morning, just as I was about to start panicking!!

I'm so looking forward to going to bham - fingers crossed I get the results! Can't wait until september!

ReputationRep:
    I have opted for self catering. i stil dont want to be on the ground floor or the only girl in a flat full of lads! aaargh!!

Birm accom is just damn expensive!
    I thought the self catering flats were single sex :confused:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    I thought the self catering flats were single sex :confused:.
    Not when i went round. there were guys with gals!

ReputationRep:
    They were probably second or third years. Self Catering flats for first years are single sex as far as I know (they definately are in Tennis Courts).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    They were probably second or third years. Self Catering flats for first years are single sex as far as I know (they definately are in Tennis Courts).
    Glad to hear that, i went round maple bank, the was def a guy in with the gals and they were first years, he showed us his room, it was covered ceiling to floor in rock posters.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.